USB Flash key usage question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

Does WindowsXP/Server2003 log usage of USB flash keys? If so, where can I view it?

I'd really hate to disable the USB ports on some machines, and because of printers and those authorised those the use a flash key, can't disable on other machines.

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

I can't think of a way to keep an eye on it. But there is an easier way to disable the use of USB Flash Drives. Change the permissions of the usbstor.sys file in the DRIVER cache (or change the permissions of the whole CAB).

I have a document on it at work. I can post it on Monday.

Great thanks Madmatt.

If you can post later that document that would appreciated.

Heeter

That's what the document says to do. Chief hit the nail on the head.

Have a chance to give this a shot Heeter? Always good to see how things work out :)

Thanks D,

That site/forum really, really helped.

I am really sorry that I haven't been posting because of work lately. Been really busy.

BTW, that whole site is really good. I always wanted to get my MCSE. I don't think that I will ever have the chance. The site is a great read as a whole.

Double thanks for this, KC.

Heeter

No worries about posting, I'm busy myself a lot. My posting comes in HUGE bunches, and I mean HUGE ;)

Obviously life comes first, just poke in with OSNN when you can :)

I also agree, that's a great forum.

I'm halfway to my MCSE, w00t!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back