• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

USB Flash for booting?

R

RobbieSan

I was wondering if a USB flash stick would be good for booting? I ask because my mobo (A7N8X) provides USB-HDD as a bootable device..

Anyone have experience booting with this stuff?

R

RobbieSan

hmm, now that I think about it that shouldn't matter since we're booting into DOS.. I guess I could use a Win98 or Me image to boot from.. I might experiment with one of these down the road..

Taurus

hardware monkey
i've always thought that was an excellent idea. about 100x faster than the archaic floppy drive, way more reliable, and you can put an entire minimalist installation of 98se on a 256mb stick, probably.

don't think my board supports it. :(

R

RobbieSan

that's a pretty up to date board with NF2 chipset.. same as the A7N8X so I think it would support a USB-HDD boot.. have a look in your BIOS under bootable devices and see if it's an option..

Taurus

hardware monkey
Originally posted by RobbieSan
that's a pretty up to date board with NF2 chipset.. same as the A7N8X so I think it would support a USB-HDD boot.. have a look in your BIOS under bootable devices and see if it's an option..
yeah, i checked. i just hope that maybe a future bios update will give me that option.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies