USB Flash Drive Tools:

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
Does anyone have any USB Flash drive tools that they'd like to share?

I know there's the U3 technology out, but does anyone know of any free USB Flash Drive tools that are extremely useful that act in the same way?

For instance:
USB TrueCrypt: To make a secure volume on a USB flash drive.

I'm looking for things like an Autorun feature which may launch a menu. So that if I have say a 1-2GB USB Flash drive loaded with software which might be useful to repair a PC, I can just pop the USB flash drive in, launch the software and scan or install the software to the machine.

Maybe have 2 sections to the menu. An installation section, and a program section. Anyway. I'm also wondering what people have found for flash drives.

Oh, and I have another idea for a software I'd like to find. I've been looking and found something VERY close to what I would like. USB sync software that syncs with a website for software updates and whatnot. Autorun menu that pops up and asks if you'd like to sync up.

Last edited:

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
MY WD passport Hard drive had an autorun program for syncing. It would run everytime you plug it in. There was an inf file labeled autorun.inf on the root that had the following:

Code:
 [autorun]
open=wd_windows_tools\setup.exe
ICON=AUTORUN\WDLOGO.ICO
Im sure the same could be used for a USB stick.

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
Well, the autorun file is good. I can make one of those even from a CD. I'd just need some sort of sync program that can pull from a web url and some sort of menu system to start the sync program, as well as to launch when the USB drive is plugged in.

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
the only two useful tools that I know of for USB drives is portable Firefox and the HP tool for formatting the drive like a bootable floppy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks