USB 3.0 Spec now official.

USB 3.0 is now officially confirmed at 4.8Gbps

Oh yeah baby..yeaahh

I had just assumed this: It was going to be faster, and better. Not much else we really need to know :)

That is cool. I can't wait to try it out.

Can't wait to test it out using a USB 3.0 flash drive... mmm transferring goodness...

.... anybody else find it funny how our transfer speeds for USB devices are starting to surpass the transfer speeds of the hard drives where the data is usually transferred to/from?

.... anybody else find it funny how our transfer speeds for USB devices are starting to surpass the transfer speeds of the hard drives where the data is usually transferred to/from?

Wait for SSD to take off and that will change

honestly.... i get the feeling that by the time SSD takes off.... we'll have USB 4.0. Either that, or USB will flat out be ditched for some other port.

Well apparently normal drives can barely keep up with 1.5GBps SATA, the new SATA 3.0 is 6GBps which can only be saturated by SSD's. Hopefully as sizes and manufacturing processes improve we'll see them in more and more places. Still don't see them too often in desktops or servers mind. SAS drives seem to be all the rage now, replacing raptor drives which used to be the thing people wanted for really fast disk reads.

I wish USB would just die and everything would go FireWire. So much faster for real use, and less of a CPU hog. :)

If FireWire was as good as USB then they probably would. But we know it is not, and clearly so as they have not.

That's what I was thinking.

it's like.... putting a Veyron engine into a semi with a fully loaded trailer. Yeah... it's got the performance, but it just can't do sh*t with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back