Usb 2.0

Punkychan

OSNN Addict
I've got an USB controller card installed and the drivers too but how do I make sure that my drive is really running on usb 2.0 and not 1.1 ? On the device driver it's stated my controller does exist.Is there a way I could check it through ?

Windows® 2000/XP

1. Right-click the My Computer icon and select Manage.

Note: Windows XP users may need to click Start to access the My Computer icon.

2. Click the Device Manager icon.

3. Click the plus (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Note: If Universal Serial Bus Controllers is not listed, there is a problem with the USB controller or the USB controller is not enabled in the computer's BIOS. Please contact the computer or card manufacturer for updated drivers and/or for information on how to fix or enable the USB controller.

1. If Enhanced Host Controller and/or USB 2.0 Root Hub Device is listed, then the computer has USB 2.0 ports.

2. If Universal Host Controller and/or Open Host Controller is listed, then the computer has USB 1.1 ports.

What if both types show up? I have a Gigabyte 8IEXP MB, which is supposed have USB 2.0; 2 USB ports on the back plate and 4 others via 2 plugs on the MB. In the BIOS I have USB 2.0 enabled. But when I look in device manager, I see 1 enhanced ost controller and three standard host controllers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back