USA-Canada-England Rugby Cup???

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political Access
RUGBY UNION

I heard on the news today that 'The Churchill Cup' will be held as a Tri-nations event between America, Canada and England.

It could be pretty exciting but I'm just wondering what our friends across the pond think of Rugby?? It would certainly be a good thing to have more worldwide competition and not just from the Ozzies and Kiwi's!!

Mubbers.

I think I've left myself open to a few low blows from our Antipodean cousins!

Posted by Mubbers
I think I've left myself open to a few low blows from our Antipodean cousins!

You really should not talk about the Aussies like that!

However - suprisingly enuf there are quite a few colleges that have rugby teams - quite a few of them are nothing more than a "club sport" which means the college itself does not actually supply much support for the program.

So in my humble opinion, I would say it would be a cake walk for those who have big time rugby associations/leagues and us poor folk from the colonies would get our a$$es kicked on a regular basis.

I think it would probably be like playing an International (American) Football competition between England, Canada and America - Canada and America would have a decided advantage!

BTW - I never did understand why grown men would make a circle, hold onto each others hips and try to look up the shorts of the guy in front of them - I can imagine the result if the guy in front passed gas!:eek:

:D You're right to a certain extent but I'm expecting that given the level of fitness at American and Canadian sporting colleges and the similarities betwixt rugger and football the North American countries will soon become a force to be reckoned with.

A bloke in Oz was recently hauled up before the league for sticking (regularly) his finger up the back-sides (yes right up!!) of his fellow players during the scrum!!! :eek:

As far as the Ozzies go I'm getting a few cracks in (pardon me!) before the Ashes start :D :D They can take it coz they can certainly give it out!!!

Mubbers

That would be awesome. Our friends over the pond suck at rugby ;)

Actually so do I, broken both arms playing it :D

And of course we don't want to forget the 'world cup' here in 2003. :D

As for the ashes it won't even be a contest. :p

Last time I was at Twickenham I was working in a niteclub fridau night until 4am ... coach 5am to Twickenham... watched England win in the last minute against Australia (australian dude behind went suprisingly quiet) - got back to sheffield at 7pm then went clubbing for 16 hours (gatecrasher/insomniacz) then to the pub... on sunday night I was standing up and forgettingwhy I stood up..

classic weekend.

Hipster I'm glad you recognise the inevitability of your impending defeat!! :rolleyes:

I'll be listening to the coverage on the Internet - what a fabulous invention.

As far as the Rugby goes the sooner the sport expands the better - I'm sick of football (soccer)!!

Mubbers

Posted by Hipster Doofus
Couldn't have been to good. You remember too much. :p

That was at a stage in my first year of uni where that happened every weekend ;)

What Uni was that EP?

I was at the Royal School of Mines in London - much of my dismal performance in the 2nd year was due to my sharing a residence with some of the Mines rugby team during that year!! :D

Oh my god what hangovers we had.

Mubbers

Never been to Twickenham, what are the pies like - pukka?

That's what we have in Leicester, my Fave: Steak Pies :D :D

Grendel

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back