us old rock and roll musicians

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
well, dreamliner got me started on my teenage years, and I'd like to hear any stories anyone might have

I played keyboard, had an old "23 stop" farfisa, a "leslie" speaker box, a mashall stack, and a bunch of differant amplifiers, including fender, cusom, the most respected was "marshall", the most impressive was the "boogie" and my favorite the "sound city"

on the other thread I said I had a gracen amp, that was a brain fart cuz I bought it at a store called "gracens"... it was a peevee, and this amp really sucked...looked very cool, but sucked

what axe, and what equiptment did anyone have?

Last edited:
Since I got perris thinking...

I'm currently in a band called "Holesaw." You basic hard rock, Sabbathy rock band. We've been lying low for a bit, been having a bit of trouble keeping bass players around. I'm the drummer, but also play a bit of guitar.

Perris: I'd love to see your setup. You can come sit in with us any time. You'd especially be welcome on any of the Floyd tunes we do. That Farfisa would really fit in nicely.

edit: Equipment.

6 piece Yamaha recording custom drums in cranberry laquer finish. Pearl rack, Paiste and Zildjian cymbals.

Epiphone strat copy (yes, they did make a strat copy). Crate and Laney amps.

Haven't played in around 10 years or more. My last trap was a double bass Ludwig setup with Zildjian cymbals. It was white. I miss playing sometimes. Worst thing about being a drummer is neighbors. When you play an axe, you can just unplug. :p

dreamliner77 said:
Since I got perris thinking...

I'm currently in a band called "Holesaw." You basic hard rock, Sabbathy rock band. We've been lying low for a bit, been having a bit of trouble keeping bass players around. I'm the drummer, but also play a bit of guitar.

Perris: I'd love to see your setup. You can come sit in with us any time. You'd especially be welcome on any of the Floyd tunes we do. That Farfisa would really fit in nicely.

edit: Equipment.

6 piece Yamaha recording custom drums in cranberry laquer finish. Pearl rack, Paiste and Zildjian cymbals.

Epiphone strat copy (yes, they did make a strat copy). Crate and Laney amps.
epiphone owns gibson or visa versa, and most les pauls are made by epiphone...some are still made in the old gibson factories, and these are supposed to be the best

my friend gave me a pre cbs strat, with the jazzmaster.

I sold them for what I thought was a pretty penny back then, wish I had those today

HEY GUYS!!!

LES PAUL still does some shows hear in manhatten, and his show is incredible...just a three piece band, usually a student sitting in, and some GREAT FRIGGIN STORIES!!!

if you are EVER in new york, try to catch his show on tuesdays

edit, on the other thread, I said I had a "gracen" amp, this was a brain fart...it was a "peevee", and back then, these were the absolute worst amps you could buy

anyone know how these are today?

I remember Peevee being a good amp in the mid to late 80's...course I was a drummer so what do i know. I do remember Marshall Stacks being the shiznit though.

I played the kazoo then went on to be Drum Mayor in a Juvenile Jazz Band :laugh:

kazoo.jpg

perris said:
HEY GUYS!!!

LES PAUL still does some shows hear in manhatten, and his show is incredible...just a three piece band, usually a student sitting in, and some GREAT FRIGGIN STORIES!!!

if you are EVER in new york, try to catch his show on tuesdays

Where? I'd love to see that.

I like to make beats on desks at school if that counts :p

I might have to take a long weekend soon and go hit NYC to see that. But, you'll have to meet me there...

it's a date, I'll be there...it's a dinner club...best deal in the entire music industry

les paul INVENTED the multi track recording concept, INVENTED the electric guitar, and tons of other great paraphanalia

all of these stories are part of his show

got to see him before he's gone

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back