US Military

Maveric169 said:
Now go away little troll boy.

Uhh Guys... I think Maverick had it right.... this portion of the quote is all he needed to say, if we stoop to his level where does that put our IQs?

Just my 2 cents....

:(

<---- Press the button If you think that other guy who posted garbage, should be shot!@!

On one hand, you are correct mlakrid. I generally do not like to lower myself to pi$$ing-contests...BUT...when you allow people to make blatantly ridiculous comments like that with addressing them, you are basically encouraging them to continue with that behavior, not to mention the fact that it was a tremendous insult to all the Veterans on this board, who selflessly put their a$$ on the line for their respective Nation(as I'm sure there are more than just US Vets here).

ThePatriot said:
On one hand, you are correct mlakrid. I generally do not like to lower myself to pi$$ing-contests...BUT...when you allow people to make blatantly ridiculous comments like that with addressing them, you are basically encouraging them to continue with that behavior, not to mention the fact that it was a tremendous insult to all the Veterans on this board, who selflessly put their a$$ on the line for their respective Nation(as I'm sure there are more than just US Vets here).

What he said !

You dont let people take pot shots at ya for free shots like that gonna cost ya!

can we bring the topic back inline please, just ignore him

he'll just drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience

hear hear, sorry i may be the cause of the lowering.....

He seems to have gone now anyway.

Whatever you do, get a clearance. If you ever leave the airforce:

a) you get priority for any government job
b) that clearance can easily add 10k+ to your salary and contracting companies would hire you if you were a mute, deaf, dumb monkey.

I agree with Leedogg, what ever you do make sure you have an active level clearance when you leave.

And know this, that security clearance is GOLD!!! Worth big bucks in the civilian sector. Your security clearance is only good for 3 years after you get out, so look for companies that erquire a security clearance when you get out. They pay big bucks usually. But once your clearance expires there is no chance in hell to get it again. Companies simply won't pay the money for you to get it renewed, and they have to be a Cleared facility to even send the application for your renewal making it REALLY hard. Trust me, I know.

One of my best friends who worked in medical and was a German citizen. He told me he was not able to obtain a clearance because of that. However, I'm not sure if that's accurate or not; he got kicked out for dubious reasons inside of two years, but he wouldn't tell me exactly what they were.

I'm not sure if you have to be a citizen or not to get a clearance.

Maveric169 said:
And know this, that security clearance is GOLD!!!
BULL****.
But once your clearance expires there is no chance in hell to get it again.
BULL****.
Companies simply won't pay the money for you to get it renewed, and they have to be a Cleared facility to even send the application for your renewal making it REALLY hard. Trust me, I know.

Jeez what slop shop do you work at?
-At least half of everbody where I work has a clearance (that's about 40k bodies).
-Most did not have one when they hired in.
-When interviewing new hires (those with and without experience) we are told explicitly not to worry about their clearance or any risks to them getting a clearance.
-My clearance has lapsed and been renewed 5 times as I moved between defense and commercial work over the last 30 years.
-The government program you are working on determines if, and at what level you need to be cleared.
-The government pays the contracting company 100% of the clearance costs (which ain't cheap) plus profit and overhead on obtaining the clearance so there is no dis-incentive to hire uncleared people.

LeeJend said:
Jeez what slop shop do you work at?
-At least half of everbody where I work has a clearance (that's about 40k bodies).
-Most did not have one when they hired in.
-When interviewing new hires (those with and without experience) we are told explicitly not to worry about their clearance or any risks to them getting a clearance.
-My clearance has lapsed and been renewed 5 times as I moved between defense and commercial work over the last 30 years.
-The government program you are working on determines if, and at what level you need to be cleared.
-The government pays the contracting company 100% of the clearance costs (which ain't cheap) plus profit and overhead on obtaining the clearance so there is no dis-incentive to hire uncleared people.

I dont know who you work for... do a search on Monster for Clearance.. and see all the jobs.. and as for never having one.. unless its for a VERY specific job, they wont give you one... if you had one previously then they have no issues so long as you had an active clearance in the last 24 months OR you had an active SSBI within the past 5 years...

Unwonted said:
One of my best friends who worked in medical and was a German citizen. He told me he was not able to obtain a clearance because of that. However, I'm not sure if that's accurate or not; he got kicked out for dubious reasons inside of two years, but he wouldn't tell me exactly what they were.

I'm not sure if you have to be a citizen or not to get a clearance.

you only need to be a citizen if you are going to be given above a secret and to get one above a secret you need to be a citizen for at least 2 years prior to working for the US govt (whether contractor or Govt job doesnt matter)

all of this can depend on who you work for as well...

Well as been said you can get a lot useful skill's etc from the military however it can put strain on your marrige etc. In my book one major factor would be what are you good at now as generally the military will train you in a field that you have some knowelge of though not always that and what your age is now vs how much time are you willing to spend in the service of this country

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back