Us Blamed for 85% of spam

spammers should be sent to Guantanamo Bay, locked up and left there to rot

Who is blamed? Us? We aren't spamming anyone, dangit!!! :p

TittleBitties said:
i say its all Heny!!!!
PotCallingTheKettleBlack.gif

laugh.gif

I think the general trend has been that many US spammers (such as the one mentioned below); to set up accounts in Asia and send their spam from there. Reason being, US ISPs don't want them anymore, so make it difficult for them to create spam accounts here in the states. Many of them are US citizens though, using over-seas accounts...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/12/11/spammer_gets_junk_mailed/

Detroit Free Press tech columnist Mike Wendland reported last week that Alan Ralsky is now experiencing what it likes to be flooded with unwanted correspondence. Mr Ralsky has the capacity to send a billion emails a day and has made a fortune doing it.

Now, he's receiving sacks of paper post, brochures, and catalogues [AOL CDs? Ed] after being signed up for all manner of junk mail - and he ain't happy.

He told the DFP: "They've signed me up for every advertising campaign and mailing list there is. These people are out of their minds. They're harassing me."

Some people have already pointed out the delicious irony in this situation made all the more sweeter because of Mr Ralsky's apparent distress.

i dont get it though, what do spammers and adware/spyware peeps get out of it? besides knowing people are getting pissed off! :Mad:

themafia_69 said:
i dont get it though, what do spammers and adware/spyware peeps get out of it? besides knowing people are getting pissed off! :Mad:

THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of $$$$$$$$$$ it pays

Damn u heny why r u spammin the threads just to make a few extra mooooooooola? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back