• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Us Blamed for 85% of spam

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
I think the general trend has been that many US spammers (such as the one mentioned below); to set up accounts in Asia and send their spam from there. Reason being, US ISPs don't want them anymore, so make it difficult for them to create spam accounts here in the states. Many of them are US citizens though, using over-seas accounts...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/12/11/spammer_gets_junk_mailed/

Detroit Free Press tech columnist Mike Wendland reported last week that Alan Ralsky is now experiencing what it likes to be flooded with unwanted correspondence. Mr Ralsky has the capacity to send a billion emails a day and has made a fortune doing it.

Now, he's receiving sacks of paper post, brochures, and catalogues [AOL CDs? Ed] after being signed up for all manner of junk mail - and he ain't happy.

He told the DFP: "They've signed me up for every advertising campaign and mailing list there is. These people are out of their minds. They're harassing me."

Some people have already pointed out the delicious irony in this situation made all the more sweeter because of Mr Ralsky's apparent distress.

Kush

High On Life!
i dont get it though, what do spammers and adware/spyware peeps get out of it? besides knowing people are getting pissed off! :Mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy