[US] Are you a Democrat Or Republican?

V

Vorpal

Just curious...

(edit: opps.. I mis-spelled Democrat in the poll. pardon)

don't care...

so long as the candidate's platform represents the closest thing to my ideals... I don't care which party they are from...

-edit-

I edited poll to add the last option... since it is something a lot of my friends share...

Ditto. I'm conservative, so I'll vote for either if they represent and share my values. The sixth option seems redundant of the third, though. I'm a registered Independent.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
Ditto. I'm conservative, so I'll vote for either if they represent and share my values. The sixth option seems redundant of the third, though. I'm a registered Independent.

in america you are either voting democrat or republican or if there is a 3rd party... independent..

the last option means you will vote for any one of those if the candidate represents your views... regardless of party...

Couple of good threads on American politics running, good. Although all my American politics knowledge comes from the West Wing :). Nice to see some good discussions aside from Cake Vs Pie :)

Although a notable absence of UK politics. buts thats just because its as dull as hell and no one can watch it and stay awake long enough to find out whats happening :)(except IDS has just been booted out hehe:))

anyway I voted for option 5 cause they all appear to be self servering **&*$%^$

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Put it this way, I pop jelly beans and hack on cigars...:D

He, he ...

Im a conservative independant.I used to be democrat.I did not leave them,they left me.Then I was republican.Again I did not leave them,they left me.

I will vote for whoever comes closest to representing conservative values ie: less govt,lower taxes,more freedom and more personal responsibilty.

I wont vote for anyone jus because of their party.They seem to take you for granted when you do that.

It would appear (to me anyways) that the birth of political correctness in this country is the death of common sense.What a shame.The king has no clothes. ;)

Originally posted by Khayman
Couple of good threads on American politics running, good. Although all my American politics knowledge comes from the West Wing :). Nice to see some good discussions aside from Cake Vs Pie :)

Although a notable absence of UK politics. buts thats just because its as dull as hell and no one can watch it and stay awake long enough to find out whats happening :)(except IDS has just been booted out hehe:))

anyway I voted for option 5 cause they all appear to be self servering **&*$%^$

Not taking a side here... but this is the way I see it:

The West Wing is a 100% Democrat propoganda machine. If all your political knowledge is comming from that show it's sad. :)

Seriously, Hollywood in general is very much on the Democrat side. Martin Sheen (Who I think is a very cool nice guy in person - although his son is a slime ball) is a Uber Super Insane Democrat.

I watch the show and it's funny how they always weave in current Bush bashing. The show last week was funny.... in a meeting a bunch of guys came up with ideas to stimulate the economey and every one of them was a current Bush action. All of them got swatted down like idiots.

I think all politicians tell porky pies. I think the way forward is Communism.

Problem is the human race won't let it work.

I think all politicians tell porky pies. I think the way forward is Communism.

*Looks at how Communism destroys countries*

How can communism work? Its just not a pliable form of government. I can see a small, under-developed country using it. But not the USA.

:confused:

I am perhaps *mostly* Democratic, because I really cannot stand how Southern conservative Republicans dominate the party. Living in New England, there are a few Republicans that I quite admire (and, in addition, there are some real conservative Democrats that I very much despise), but, in the scheme of things, New England Republicans are powerless against the Bible Belters.

Just for the record, statistically speaking, white men vote Republican in droves, not for any real reason than it is considered the "macho" party. Like it or not, I guess it is not cool for white men to support racial minorities, women, or homosexuals, merely because it is perceived that any gains for those three groups takes away white male power.

Anyhow, feel free to disagree with the above paragraph. It's certainly up for debate, but, in the real world, I'm getting an M.A. in Media Arts, so I tend to be very opinionated about lots of things. ;)

Melon

All the fake democrats an fake republicans.Thats why I am an independant. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back