Urm...pls help....

B

BigPinhead2000

Hey ho everyone....

I have recently upgraded to XP..... To start off with everything was running really sweetly..... but now when i load up the desktop appears and the start menu works but my desktop icons take ages to load up.

Has anyone else got this?

Is there anyway i can change the setup so the icons appear at the same time as everything else.

Thanks peeps 4 your time :)

hmmm that sounds like low ram, or slow vid board, there is no real startup delay for icons they display as fast as they can

ya might want to see what you have loading at startup and get rid of whatever ya don't need, also make sure to disable any services ya don't need

a good way to see whats loading at startup is to goto run then type in msconfig

My comp is a P4 1.7, ATI Radeon 8500, 768mb ram......

This is Y its confusing me.... I instaled a copy of XP plus..... thats about the time that it all went wrong :(, but probably like most others, my machine only gets turned off on special occasions so i am not quite sure what else could of affected it.

In my startup all i have running is aol, ir control for tv card and office....

any other suggestions?

not a damn clu... sounds like it might be a vid driver problem, are you using XP drivers or OEM, and when was the last time u visited the Micro$oft updates site?

some thoughts for you... can't spare too much tho.. lol

:p

good luck

Thx anyway...I was just being a muppet.....it was to do with my network i have set up...no probs all sorted now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back