URGENT: System Wont Post

MC82

Procrastinator
i need your guys help really badly.

I am upgrading my computer right now and for some reason the system wont post. I dont get the single beep or any sound at all from the case speaker.

The computer turns on just fine. but usually when I hold down the on button for more then 4 seconds, the computer will go off, not this time.

I took out the VGA card and re-installed it. still it wont post.

I dont know what else to try. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

I am currently running

Asus A8V deluxe-E
Geforce 2

What does the post voice reporter do or say?

You have to plug speakers or headphones into the onboard speaker jack to hear the voice reporter.

Also, make sure the four pin power connector is plugged in.

ahhh thnx thats something new to me... now i got the message, "system fail cpu test"

what might cause this?

ok.
re seat your cpu check for bent pins. Then try if nothing again then find the cmos jumper in your manuel and reset the Cmos barring any acuall harwarew problems this should work.

sorry guys for the late response but I tried reseting the CMOS like you had mentioned and it still didnt post

after doing a little more digging, i finally found a fix to the problem. It seems that ASUS boards without an updated BIOS has been having problems identifying Winchester processors. So I had to EZFlash the bios with the latest one and it is now posting... im going to be installing my OS tonight

Here is the site with a detailed how to that has saved me.
http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=31392&st=0&#entry271455

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back