Urgent Help

J

JUP

i really need to know if i do a repair install of windows XP will i loose any data - my documents etc. can anyone who has done one of these before please help me out here thanks in advance

P.S sorry if this is in the wrong topic

If you are using the recovery console your loss will be minimal (if it crashed in the middle of something that you did not save then you will lose the changes). If you are doing a "restore" from a restore point then you will lose anything that you changed after that date.

Good luck

Guess the question was about a repair install, i.e. second repair option when booting from Windows cd. The point of a repair install is that you don't loose your data and settings. Would nevertheless backup the most important things to be on the safe side if anything goes wrong.Usually it doesn't. Also you may have to reinstall some drivers after a repair install.
Get some more information from http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm

Going back in time with a restorepoint only affects dynamic data e.g. a program or systemfiles installed after the date of the restorepoint. just reinstall (or not if that caudsed the problem).
"Dead"data like Word-documents will not be lost.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back