Urgent HELP needed

A

amoebadrew

I just tweaked my bios (increased cpu voltage) and now windows won't load. No signal even comes to the monitor. I think something happend to the bios setup or their is a conflict or somthing. PLEASE HELP send me any ideas. thank you so much

sounds like you may have fried something...not a smart move (no offense)

probably fried the motherboard if it is accepting power and no monitor output, what brand motherboard is it?

try resetting all power strips and the back of the power supply for precautions..

its an shuttle ak31. everything else is working because all the lights are on (cd-rom, a light on the motherboard, fans, etc.)
how do i reset the powerstrip?

aslo i don't know why anything went wrong because i have set the voltage to this same amount many time before

should be a reset switch on power strip.

Any time you mess with overclocking/power settings, this is a risk you take.

Last time i saw this same thing you are describing it was a burned up mobo or cpu (i really cant remember which...been awhile). Take the covers off, take a smell inside, see if it smells burnt at all. If your familiar with computer components, you could try to reseat everything, power supply wires, cpu, memory, etc etc...this may help (hopefully).

Good luck!

also if none of the above works, you could try resetting the bios...

how do i reset the bios? i know it has to do with a jumper but how do those work?

Originally posted by amoebadrew
how do i reset the bios? i know it has to do with a jumper but how do those work?

best to goto the mobo website and download a manual to be sure.

i fixed it. i just removed the battery thingy and dissconnected the power. all is well. thanks

nonono! to finish it up, perform an exercise...contact the local priest:D

Originally posted by Highwind7777
nonono! to finish it up, perform an exercise...contact the local priest:D

LOL how did i know what your comment was gonna be before i came to see this post :D

lol. ya i found out the ghost of my dead fish was taking over the cpu!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back