Urgent help needed.

ming

OSNN Advanced
I've got a problem with booting my pc after I rearranged the partitions and formatting the drive.
The machine now boots from Network or at least tries to boot from network and I can't get the thing to boot from the Hard Drive. I've not touched the BIOS in the 2-3 years that I've had this machine and this is the first time it's happened to me.

Does anyone know where the problem may lie?

If you have formatted the drive it will look for the next device in the boot order...

Yea, I haven't touched the boot order.. floppy>CD>IDE

arghhh.. I'm soooo stupid.
I think I found the problem now... Think I forgot to set the primary partition to Active. :blush: hehehe

RickyC said:
Have you tried installing your OS from CD yet?

Yeah, spent an hour trying everything out... but it didn't bother looking at the HD. I think I've got it now after accidentally seeing "Set Active Partition" when running FDisk. :p

I'll update in 10mins after I've finished with Ghost restore again.

errr... What's NTLDR??

screen says NTLDR is missing, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Urk. I've only had that error once. Which was when I'd installed windows on my brother's HD on this pc, and then took it through to his and just hoped it would work. I never found a way to sort it, there are guides to it if you google though

Set your CDROM drive as the first boot device in the bios, then install your OS from CD. When the puter reboots, go into the bios and change it back to normal. Should sort the problem out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back