Urgent Help Needed!!!

M

Master-J

Like an idiot, when I was setting my clock frequencies in BIOS I accidently set my clock multiplier to x12.5 instead of 10.0.

Unfortunately when I reset, instead of the mobo detecting the cpu as overclocked and reseting the freqencies down to its defaults, it keeps the speeds and fails to boot. The monitor does not switch on and and there are no beeps. I tries reseting CMOS by taking the battery out, but it didnt seem to work. Has anyone got any ideas how to get the cpu to underclock itself?

I have an ASUS a7v-133 mobo with a 1400mhz athlon.
All help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried resetting BIOS via the old jumper system? Your motherboard manual should tell you where the jumper is, and how to reset BIOS.

Hope that helped.
-RaG

I sort of tried using the non jumper-free mode but i think i have to set the darn voltages manually too. I'll give it a shot though.

Or you could try leaving the battery out longer. The mobo probably has capacitors that will hold a charge for a while. If you cannot find a jumper as Ragnarok suggested, take the battery out and go to bed. By morning it should be reset.

if i can't get it working tonight, i'll leave the battery out for 12 hours.

i just got the system booted in jumper mode and the bios commented that the system hung last time round due to improper cpu speeds (great, well why didnt the stupid thing underclock then like usual...)

I'll now try to go back to jumper-free mode and hopefully if will goto the default 1050mhz.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back