Urgent help needed - no sound

C

crofty

After installing xp I noticed I had no sound. I went to the 'Device Manager' - there was an error with the Multimedia Audio Controller.

It says: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver

I've tried that but with no success. There isn't a driver there. What do I do?

I suggest you go to the makers website for the soundcard and get the latest drivers. Not being funny but if it says "no drivers" just grab some. If the card has no xp drivers on their website - try the win2k ones

K

How do I find out the exact make of my soundcard? I bought it in a bundle you see.

Check in device manager and see if it lists any information at all. If not, you'll need to pull the card and start doing a search with whatever information you can glean from it (been there).

When I'm in that position, i'll type whatever identifiers i find into the search engine, sometimes you get lucky that way. I've also had to go as far as searching for FCC databases. It's a pain. You say you got it in a bundle - no documentation or disks came with it?

You might have to look inside the case to figure it out.

Is it an integrated card, or PCI card?

If its Integrated, what Motherboard do you have?

Try checking out this web site once you know any (and i stress any, even just a chip no.! :)) and you should get lucky.

www.driverguide.com

the username is drivers and the password is all
although you should really reg you dont have to as it always sends the same details

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back