urgent help! my pc cant restart

B

Bretenn

dunno where should i post this.... but anyhow this is my probem...
i replace my old 1900+ with 2400+! after that, i clear my cmos and then boot.. i go to bios and change settings then save changes and restart.... my problem is the pc cant boot up...
then i had to off the pc again then on it back... then only i manage to boot... i go back to bios then restart again... the problem occur again...

i fedup, so i just power off the pc then on it back.... let it boot to xp... then i try to restart the pc.... good the same problem occur again.... hmmm any solution??

Did you see about a bios update?

And what about a clean install of XP?

bios is the latest 1... and it definitely support 2400+
and i dun think it is the xp problem itself... coz even if i go to bios then restart... the pc wont boot up also...
weird weird!!!

Does sound a little strange ....have you tried the load default settings in bios ? or do you need to make changes in order to be able to boot up ... ie FSB 166 or will it auto detect your cpu for you ?

auto detect...! even if i clear my bios....
this really strange to me...

btw... that 2400 works great as far as i know...
play for half an hour.... no prob... errrrr!!! :mad:

as i can see.... even when after accessing my bios the problem still occur... so definitely think it bout the mobo or bios prob....
btw all drivers are updated... thanks ;)

Ok this is a long shot have you tried switching the ram around ?

I know pulling at straws here but this is a werid one so it cant hurt to try

i oredi tried it....!
ok now the problem become very odd.... sometimes (rarely) it can be restarted in bios or in the xp itself... i mean after go to bios and reboot, sometimes it can reboot and sometimes it cant (15~20 % can)...
hmm..... this really make me madddddddddd

And just to see ... if you put back the old cpu?? how does it react ?

haahhaaaa... this is the main problem...
just to see if there are any way that did not revolve cpu...
coz there are too many things that i need to unplug, unscrew.... too many things... so if there are no other way... i think tomoro i will replace back my old 1 and see if that prob still occur or not... :D

Ok well I guess you need to try it ...just to see what happens let us know what happened , sorry I was not able to help you find the trouble .......yet :)

thanks for ur help...
tomoro i will try it... but i just hope that it would not be cpu prob... as this few days i oredi fixed around 6 pc all is the cpu prob.... errrrrr
**pray hard hard**

good!!! it is definitely not the cpu prob
hmm... so lucky am i as i dun hav to take out that cpu!!! hahahaha
and now the real problem is......................................... the stupid soltek board that doesnt really support amd 2400+ although there are bios upgrade!
i surf for the problem in internet and ..... hmm so many unlucky soltek users face the similar problem...

omg... i'm been tricked by soltek!!! b4 i buy this 2400+, i did make sure this soltek board support the 2400+ (i did go to their website to double sure)!!! and now how i gonna make use of this amd chip....... arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That sucks so its the board .... How much did you pay for that CPU?

And where are you located ? Wanna sell it?

:)

i dun think u will want it... i'm from malaysia...
my soltek sucks!!!

hmm... i think i will stick to this cpu and board until next two month!
hopefully this prob will not have any negative effect to the cpu and other hardware lo...
may god bless me!!
gonna watch uefa cup final.... tata

Wow thats far away ... would be a little complex I guess for exchange rates and all that ... That sucks I would buy one at the right price maybe you can get a better board ...just for the fun how much was that CPU over there ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back