urgent help! my pc cant restart

good... this few days there are no prob restarting my pc from winxp
only when i accessing my bios, then the prob come back!
btw this chip works great and the temp is around 37~41 (damn hot malaysia)

i think next week i'm gonna buy a new board... hmm any board to recommend? i'm thinking of buying a7n8x... anyone experience anyproblem with this board??

very popular board. haven't heard much of anything negative about it, either. friend ordered one (a7n8x deluxe 2.0) and it should be here tomorrow. can't wait to play with it. his new processor won't be here for another week or so, so i get to see how far we can push his 1ghz athlon. :D

anyway, if you're gonna be getting a new board, definitely go with an nforce2 board. i recently put in this nf7 1.0 and the speed is wonderful. you have 1gb of memory like me... is it in the form of two 512mb sticks? if so, then you're set for dual-ddr. :)

no 1 512 and 2 256... but i will get another 512 to make it dual channel (one of my 256 is under warranty and it seems i had problem with this stick)
definitely i will get myself a nforce2 board ;)

try underclocking until you can get another board

Originally posted by Bretenn
underclocking?? y? :confused:
he means changing the multiplier so that the 2400+ runs at, say, 2000+ speed.

not sure if your board supports this, though.

i understand what he means... but my problems is not the cpu or anything but the mobo itself...
it can detected the 2400+ very well... and performs very well too but the problem is i cannot restart my pc or go to my bios and then exit because the pc wont boot up if i do so...

for u guys information i had try underclocking b4... but the problem still occur....

thanks anyway ;) :D
still thinking what board will i buy...

i thought it might run stable until you could get your new board

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back