Upside down movies?

1bLaDe1

Hey, suddenly when i try to play any videos through windows media player, they come upside down ... like the picture is upside down, how can this be fixed?

thnx

-{bLaDe}

hehehe, it's not only me then..i thought i was crazy or something..whats up with that..i wanna know too:confused:

DIVX file right ?

Solution 1.
You can move the file DivX_c32.ax from the windows/system or windows/system32 directory to another place (any directory). It will make the movies playback normally but you will lose the ability to make changes to the brightness/contrast and CPU settings of the codec since they are handled
by that file. It might be possible to put the file back for adjustments and then move it again to see movies the right way.

In case you are wondering what the file actually does it is a directShow filter which does some processing to the image before it displays it in Windows Media Player so removing it will only remove those small changes along with the ability to change settings. You will probably not notice it (except for upside down playback being fixed).

Solution 2
Another solution is to use The Playa to watch DivX movies instead of using Windows Media Player.

Thanks to DrX for his solution...

just uninstall the Divx G400 codec from ur windows and u will be fine..

thanx for the tips folks..i dont have a file called DivX_c32.ax in my system...did a search..checked system32 but nothing..and how do i uninstall that codec eaver?

I'm assuming that you have just downloaded some sort of divx codec. First of all do a search for the nimo codec pack, then install it, BUT do not install the G400 component unless you've got a matrox milleniumumum, I found that that fixed the same problem I had. give it a whirl. PLUS I find that if you use ANOTHER player for your divx you get better results. I actually use PoverDVD to play my divx files and I get none of the lipsync probs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back