UPS Tab not Visable In Power Options

S

SSE

I am running XP Pro and attempted to configure my APC UPS but the APM and UPS tabs do not show up in the Power options settings in control panel, :( any Ideas.

Thanks

Maybe....

Check to see if UPS is disabled in services.
Go Start>Control panel>Administrative tools>services...scroll down to Uninterruptable power supply and see if disabled. If it is, start it.

I also thought I saw something about this somewhere else...I'll do a search.

GraLk

Already did that but the service won't start, I get "Error 2: The system could not find the specified file"

I have also noticed this problem (I am running an APC UPS). There is no need for this tab if you are running a program such as APC PowerChute since this program controls the shutdown times, and other operations when the power goes out.

Like I said, there is no need for this tab if you are running power management software such as PowerChute (which most APC UPS' use).

In W2000 and XP the "APM" tab will NOT appear in any system running ACPI. This only appears if loaded in "Standard PC" configuration.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back