UPS Help!!!

Dan04

OSNN Addict
Hi Everyone,

Recently i recieved a "NetUPS" UPS with Model No/Type: PRM700i off a mate that got a new one, for what reason i dont know because there is definitely nothing wrong with this one :> anyways my point being is the only thing i got was the unit and its serial cable no software whatsoever.

I was wondering if there is any "generic" software out there that can monitor UPS's and instruct a pc to shutdown or if anyone can find the software for this i very much appreciate it :) because i can't seem to find any but im probably looking in the wrong spot :eek:

Anyways any help recieved is very much appreciated :)

another try

Just came across this link which whilst it may not directly help may lead onto helpful information (and probably explains why your friend was disposing of a working one!)

thanks was a lil bit interestin :) theres nothing wrong with it not bad for free hehe lasts 30 - 35 mins on a near to full load charges fine does everythin fine :) he is just a spend freak hehehehhe ;)

Just spent two months studying and deploying APC Powerchute etc.
Our network is now fully protected :)

Good for you :p, but that dont help me does it hehe unless that APC software is compatible :p, bet that cost u a fair bit

yep that site seems like the guyu has the exact same thing as wat i have now to see if i can find that software ;)

im downloading the software now, will be a few hours b4 i can send a post to say wether or not it works

Well give it a go, you need the agent installed basically, I just ran setup and did not see NetUPS on that list at all.
Try each tho.

How is it connected? Serial?? USB?

You tried terminalling into it?
Windows2000 / XP do have native UPS support which might well work, and all the config changes made on teh ups itself?

i havent tried terminalling into it yet but will give it a shot but at the end of the day if im not around wen a power failure occurs i would like to have the comp shut down afta a certain amount of time :p

Also in Power Management in Control Panel you *could* add a generic UPS and see if that does anything...

helloo well i cannot telnet to it or get ne info from it as to usin a generic thing with windows ill have to wait till 2mora :) so then ill let yous all know then wat happens thanks very much for the help so far :)

Yeah, you can't telnet, but you terminal services to connect via com port.

ive tried the custom and my own custom settings and what it comes with in the options of diff types etc, get it to realise that the comps on ac power but then it don't display anything else n just turns off the computer :eek:

It turns the PC off even when it is on AC power?
Or when the UPS is being powered by AC power?

it turns the pc off when the ups is fully charged and connected to a power source

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back