uploading attachments error

Sazar

Rest In Peace
everytime I try and upload an attachment I get a php error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5120 bytes) in /usr/home/main/public_html/forum/includes/functions_image.php on line 117

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 43 bytes) in /usr/home/main/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 466

has been happening all evening...

just a headsup...

-edit- changed tags from CODE to QUOTE...

upload d'top in d'top thread... and am still getting the same problem...

I'm having the same problem. I can't attach files.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6400 bytes) in /usr/home/main/public_html/forum/includes/functions_image.php on line 117

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 43 bytes) in /usr/home/main/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 466

I got the same thing when trying to upload a larger file (jpeg, 1600x1200, 990,549 bytes)

So I guess that everyone is having problems attaching a large file.

I'll give it the once over, when I find some time for it to be convenient :D

Found it, it has to do with the fact that imagecreatefromjpg is not relaly all that nice with memory and causes the max amount of memory to be used. Bumping up this setting is what is probably needed.

This only seems to be a problem now, when on the rackshack server it was not, eventhough it had the same limit as currently.

This could have to do with vB bad coding, or some other issue. Resizing using GD is just not all that nice on server resources.

Attachments

• DigtalDr3ams_1280.jpg
    DigtalDr3ams_1280.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 63
Check the php.ini, sound like you should up the memory limit,

memory_limit = 8M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

8388608 is 8MB.

my file was only 64kb though... nothing big... nothing bigger than what I have uploaded before on the site...

Test

(edit) that's the file I got the error with before.. :confused:

Sazar said:
my file was only 64kb though... nothing big... nothing bigger than what I have uploaded before on the site...

That just means x number of people are uploading at the same time and someone [you] are putting it over the limit. Just guesses here. I donno, this is a dedicated server, so someone could mod the php.ini file, up the allowed ram to 16MB and see if it stops happening? Remeber that 8MB of RAM is not the file size limit, but the limit of the memory that the php scripts can use. It might take alot of RAM to upload and encode an attachment into a db, again, guessing.

nope... i tried uploading the same thing about 15-20 times so far... then tried other files... same problem... but I think it works now :)

dunno what it was...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back