Upgrading plan !

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
Hi, all !

I'm planning to upgrade my aging specs, but I want to keep my ~400 megs of pc133 sdram.
Here's what I plan to buy:

Mobo: Asus TUV4X (Tualatin support, VT82C694T chipset, 4 dimms, Ata100, 6 pci, agp 4x,...)

Cpu: Intel P/// 1.26Ghz Tualatin, 0.13µ

What do you think ? I want this particular mobo (Asus+Via+price), but I stay open to any other choice with the same performance/price level.

Tell me if I'm wrong !

depends on what you want to do with your new system, otherwise the setup seems okay to me.

personally, i'd get something with ddr support, but you want to keep your sdram so do whats best for you.

Djital is right...that system won't last you too long...if your gonna jump it's worth it to get DDR and a newer proc like a p4 or XP...you can find some xp boards with DDR/sdr support so until you can afford some ddr you can use the sdr, but you can't use both at the same time.

Thank you, both of you !
Yes, I do agree for ddr support but do you know a mobo that supports both ddr and Tualatin cpu ? I'm not against the idea to to invest in AMD, but I'd like to keep my 133 sdram for a little while...

p.s.: I may also consider Asus A7V333 + Athlon XP 1600 + 256 Mo DDR/266.

Your advice is more than welcomed !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back