ATI Rage Pro Turbo 2X AGP with 4MB SGRAM
Crystal CS4280 3D PCI Audio
40x Max. CD-ROM Drive
4.3GB HDD (Ultra DMA EIDE)
3.5" 1.44MB FDD
56K* ITU V.90 PCI Fax/Modem
PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse
Stereo Speakers

Well, it's been slghtly altered. Yes, I know it's better to get a cheap barebones PC and build up, but I haven't the money for that.

Anyway, I added new speakers, another better hard drive, new software etc. Will be getting 256MB RAM from our friends at crucial, and doing the things above, if it is possible to add a newer CPU.

I can't seem to figure out what the fastest CPU this computer can support.

Can someone please help me with that?

http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80527

Will it support that? I have my doubts :(

Thanks in advance,

- Nick

just played with google search (i love that). Looks like for sure you can go to 533mhz celeron, sold (on eBay) for $30-50usd in the last month, including one that was o/c'd to 800mhz (!!!). Also memory max is 128mb x2 for the 256 (but you knew that). I was playing tough with a 200mhz pentium that I bought for $10, so I have a soft spot for maxing these old guys out.

good luck.
have fun.

kip

No, sorry nick, you won't be able to get that tualatin celeron going in that motherboard. The tualatins (1.1A, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4) use FCPGA-2 whereas that motherboard is PPGA.

As jkipk said, the highest you could go is the 533mhz celeron. But make sure you get the PPGA version because there is also a FCPGA version of the 533.
See here for your options.

The fcpga version of the chip was a much better overclocker, so don't expect much more than 600mhz out of it.

Looks like a no.
The max cpu that can be placed into the florida-tg/tga is a 533MHz
Celeron (socket 370 - PPGA). In theory you could go father with a
powerleap ppgp to fcpga converter.. but thats seems to be more
problems than its worth.

found this at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emachineupgraders/

Your really better off saving up some money and getting a new MOBO + processor

...and not much money. there's lots of mobo/processor combos on eBay for not much more than the $50 that some of the 533's were going for. Then you'd be in a much better position to continue upgrading.....

kip

Thanks lots guys. Whatever, I'll just run that old thing as a server, and try to save money for a new one, I guess she'll have to wait a little bit :)

Again, thanks for the informative help.

- Nick

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back