upgrading my card (continued..poll time)

My cards performance comparison

3DMarks2001se

Ti4200 16,109

Fx5200 non ultra 8,956

Hope this helps:D

Originally posted by kyndl7
My cards performance comparison

3DMarks2001se

Ti4200 16,109

Fx5200 non ultra 8,956

Hope this helps:D

the speeds... are they @ max possible OC'd everything one time benchmark only performance results or is that your regular day to day usage clocks ?

Originally posted by prodj88
sorry but i think this is necessary!

the 5200 with 256mb ram is a marketing gimmick... don't waste your money on it...

those are at max stable oc for both cards
average of 10 3dmark runs per card

Prodj

If those are your choices I vote "just wait" until you find an unplayable game you've just gotta have.

By then prices should have come down some and if you put 2 bucks a week into the "gotta get a vid card kitty" you'll be able to get something better.

PS Have I mentioned how many Nvidia based cards that I know have been fried from overclocking in the last day or 2? :(

Originally posted by kyndl7
those are at max stable oc for both cards
average of 10 3dmark runs per card

yes... but do you run the cards @ those clocks all day ? or are those numbers just for a one time jab @ getting a high score ?

thats what I meant by my question...

if they are not a score reflecting running day in day out... there is no real point in posting it.. max score based on max stable oc's does not reflect true performance... it is more a badge of honor... seeing stock scores is more representative as it allows us to see what exactly the person will be likely to get...

if you follow my drift :)

btw.. nice score... what cpu are you using ?

Processor intel P4 2.53 ghz OC'd to 3687mhz

3DMarks2001se (average of 10 consecutive runs cpu at 3687mhz)

FX5200 (crapy overclocker)

stock = 7,236

overclock = 8,956

TI4200 (very nice overclocker)

stock = 11,237

overclock = 16,109

Now these test numbers you see here are what run reliably for my pc 24/7. In other tests my cpu and Ti4200 can clock a fair bit higher but at those speeds are for testing and braging only.
The FX5200 just sucks!!!!!

Also as I stated earlier in this topic I fried my TI4200 due to a fan failure not OC stress and i'm now stuck with the crapy FX5200...........at least until i get my FX5900 :D

Its true the Ti4200 is a wicked over clocker The msi version I have runs a constant 297/597 stable and I dont worry about heat I got a g4 mode coooler with a full copper plate and 4 copper memory heatsinks , even has a cool blue light << thats gotta give me 2 degrees less huh ? J/k about the light making it cooler but it is cooler looking :p

All joking aside the Ti4200 128mb 8X AGP kicks the FX5200 and FX5600 all over non pro that is .... other than that I would say in same price range or close would have to be ATI 9500 pro also a very good card but dont know about its over clocking status or about the bugs it might have ... I am sure if someone wanted to know you just need to go to a ATI based forum and read about the problems people might have , same as you would for any card made by any company :)

I think the is a post exactly like this, just about every other day....

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
I think the is a post exactly like this, just about every other day....

perhaps due to their being questions about the same sort of thing every day :)

different people have different needs... they have a right to ask the questions... we have a right to answer them in the most constructive manner possible...

that is the role of a community :)

2.53 o/ced to 3687? what kind of cooling you have on it??

vapo chill 4 my cooling needs !!!! very nice .......so far reliable

And by the way syn the mobo I have is also the Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra Platinum. Its whats holding mr back from higher clocks, I can almost get stable at this speed with very loud air cooling. New mobo should get me into stable 4 ghz's!!!!!:cool:

thats the combo im running now, i need to upgrade my cpu fan, might look into that. got a link for it?

Here
is a link to the vapochill unit I gotz. They are quit pricey so I settle for the stand alone system, the one I really wanted was the Prometeia phaze change cooler.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back