Upgrading let me get some help please

• Thread starter Pimpdaddy122181
  • Start date
P

Pimpdaddy122181

ok, right now i have a Nvidia TNT2 M64 32 MB PCI video card, what is ALOT better than that! this card sucks, need another one.

please let me know.

P.S. my computer does not have AGP, upgrading to new computer in about 1 year.
Need the best PCI card availaible, most i can spend is $150 U.S.
thanks!

i was thinking about that, but i already have enough money to get another vid card, plus when i get my new system im giving this computer to my wife.

No Shi... I didn't think they made a PCI.

Getting a PCI card now would be a waste of money. You don't want it in the new computer anyway.

as far as i know its only the gf4 mx440 can't imaging a ti4600 pci :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pimpdaddy122181
i was thinking about that, but i already have enough money to get another vid card, plus when i get my new system im giving this computer to my wife.

That's gonna score points with her. :p
Give her the old one and you get the new HOT ROD 'Puter. Heh heh heh...

For what you have in the old Box, A G-force2 is enough. Save yer money.

Is the Wife gonna be doin serious image work, hardcore gaming, or just surfin the net?

If nuthin serious then get the G-force2 and save the rest of yer money for the new 'Puter.

Or take the Wife to Mac Donald's :D

Originally posted by Zedric
Getting a PCI card now would be a waste of money. You don't want it in the new computer anyway.
He want's it for the old one he has now. :)

(see his previous posts)

wife will just be doing some surfing. you think the Geoforce 4 mx440 will do the job? will get one this month then, thanks guy's.

btw, if you have anymore ideas, keep posting. thx.

Originally posted by gonaads
He want's it for the old one he has now. :)

(see his previous posts)
I assumed the card would be changed back at that time and this new card put in the new computer. If not, I think GF4 is over the top. The GF2 would probably perform just as well seeing that the PCI bus is so much slower than the AGP bus. But I'm not 100% sure.

Originally posted by Pimpdaddy122181
wife will just be doing some surfing. you think the Geoforce 4 mx440 will do the job?
Oh surfing? Well then you need a <insert name of any cheap generic card of any kind>. It will do the job for you. :)

lol, i need a card that will get me through the rest of this year that is easily O/Ced.
one more question, what is the best brand of Geoforce 4 mx 440 card for it's price, im hearing the PNY is of good quality. let me know what you think. thanks for all your help guys. KEEP POSTING! :)

Best brand for Geforce 4MX 440 for it's price is :
1) MSI
2) Gainward
3) Jetway

in this order ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back