Upgrading issues for Win XP..adivice please

N

neo090282

I'm putting XP on a Sony Vaio and the following issues have been brought up:

Micro$oft NETBEUI protocal driver, am i correct in thinking this isnt needed anyway in xp??

second is a driver for Conexant WINACHSF softmodem, anyone have any ideas where i can find this driver?

And finally the one i'm really unsure about is the Symantic Utility Driver, i think its for the touch pad?? Any ideas???

Help would be appreciated, thanks

ian

I'm pretty sure you're right about the NETBEUI protocol, so I wouldn't worry about it. And I haven't looked for the driver that you need, but I have a Conexant modem that was updated automatically by XP without me having to find a driver. As for the Symantic (Symantec?) thing, I'm not sure about that. Are these concerns that you listed a result of running the compatibility thing (can't think of what it's called) that Microsoft provides for people considering the upgrade? If these are your only concerns, I would say that you're pretty safe in doing the upgrade. I've seen installations performed with many more concerns that ended up being fine. My advise is go for it. :)

I have put XP on now and the only concern is with the modem.

Need a Conexant - Ambit Soft56 Data, Fax, ICH Modem driver

My Model Vaio is PCG - GR114 EK

If that helps or is the same as yours.

if you got a vaio go to the sonys vaio support site, im sure they got all the drivers you need

windows update has quite a few drivers on it

might be worth a try

:cool:

Try here for the modem, I scanned the list and saw quite a few that might do the trick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back