Upgrading, input plz!

sidefx

OSNN Addict
I am planning on doing an upgrade to my pc and here are the components I was looking at purchasing. Any input as to the components I plan on getting I should maybe change or be careful of please advise me.

ASUS A7N8X-X NVIDIA nForce2-400
Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton) w/ 512K L2 cache
MSI GeForce FX5200-TD128 128MB DDR w/ TV-Out
Western Digital 120GB w/ 8MB cache
KingMax 512MB PC-3200 DDR400 SDRAM

sidefx

OSNN Addict
Yharn said:
what do you plan to do with the computer? What you do can help us advise you better.
I am not an extreme gamer but I do like to play many types of games and especially the newer ones that are coming out such as NFS Underground and many of the 3d shooters. I use my pc for gaming, surfing, chatting, word processing and image editing(photoshop).

Taurus

hardware monkey
i would ditch the 5200 and get a ti4200. or if you do get the 5200, just get a 64mb one since 128's overkill for a slow card like that.

rest of it looks good. :)

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Taurus said:
i would ditch the 5200 and get a ti4200. or if you do get the 5200, just get a 64mb one since 128's overkill for a slow card like that.

rest of it looks good. :)
he might actually achieve swapping over 64mb with the card I would think... specially with some of the 3d shooters and nfs-U..

but any of the gf4 ti's should be enough to handle your requirements as taurus said m8...

DO NOT GET THE 5200 ^_^ (horrible horrible horrible)- what's your budget on video card?

oh and try and get the pc3200 geil value ram at newegg - it'll probably be cheaper then the kingmax or whatever and peforms awesome according to reviews-

I am dealing in CAN funds and right now I am approaching $700 with this upgrade as currently listed. I DO NOT want to spend more than this on an upgrade otherwise I am better off buying a whole new setup which I currently cannot afford.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crylson