Upgraded from ME and need drivers

B

becki74

I recently upgraded to XP and I'm not sure which drivers I may be missing and where I can find them. I found drivers for my scanner, modem, and the printer driver was included. So far I see that my CD Rom is not working. Please help!
Thanks,
Becki

Unless you have a cd rom that Noah used it should work fine with xp. What seems to be the problem with it. :confused:

Have fun at the forums. :)

thanks for your reply!

I put my CD in and I hear it start, but nothing else happens. I went to my computer, and I'm not even seeing an E or an F drive.

OK. First thing is to go to computer management.
Start menu/admin tools/computer management. Fom there go down to storage/disk management. Look to the right. If your cd rom is there just assign it a drive letter. Right click on it.

From becki74> They aren't there! Only C and D drives. ACK!

Have a look in the device manager. Right click my computer/properties/hardware/device manager. If your cd rom is there remove it & reboot. See what happens, it might pick it up.

If it is not there go to the control panel/add hardware & see if that picks it up.

This is a last resort> open the case & make sure the cd rom cable are plugged in tightly both ends.

Someone else might have other ideas.

search google for a program called "force aspi" that should fix your CD-ROM probs up :)

force aspi

I haven't downloaded this yet, but I wanted to show someone the error that I'm getting. I can't even find my E and F drives.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39):(

If you have been using easy CD this might help>

CD - Rom Error Codes

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

Resolution
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

ITS ALIVE!!! Thank you so much for your help! You are blessed with a gift.
Becki

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back