Upgrade

drz01

Weekend DJ
I have Home premium and want to upgrade to ultimate can I just change my key and do the upgrade this way? I have the ultimate disk and key. I do not want to have to reinstall.

Is the Ultimate key a full Ultimate or did you buy an Upgrade or OEM version of Ultimate? It could get messy going from retail to OEM or trying to use an upgrade disk on an OEM version. The liscences are significantly different on what is allowed.

Hint - call MS and ask. If they say yes have them help you do it and activate while on the phone, just in case.

Already have Windows Vista but want a more capable version? Here's good news. When you're ready for more of what Windows Vista has to offer, Windows Anytime Upgrade is a convenient and affordable way to upgrade to the Premium or Ultimate edition. And you can do it online from the comfort of your home or office.
Depending on the edition you currently have, here are your upgrade options:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pr...orupgrade/windowsanytimeupgrade/overview.mspx

It is a peice of cake to do using their upgrade advisor BUT since they say it takes an hour it sounds like it is more involved than just a key change.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back