upgrade to xp pro

bluzeboy

Bluzeboy
i have xp home-what are my options -if i want to upgrade to xp pro?

It will cost you another 50% (of the home version cost) for the pro version and in fact you system will actually be easier to maintain especially using security. The big problem is that if you require XP pro and have XP home (in the UK) you will have to by the full retail version and even worse the home version you have cannot then be used by another person or even on another machine, in other words the cost of XP Home will be lost. This is madness. In effect whilst the upgrade will be successful you will have paid twice for the same operating system.

:) :(

Are there really different rules in different countries? According to Microsoft XP home qualifies for an upgrade to XP Pro. In case you buy a full retail version of XP, you can of course install the other version on another computer or sell it, if it isn't a OEM version that was bundled with hardware.

Bluzeboy, check whether you really need the (few) extra features of Pro and whether they are worth the money.

I am currently waiting for a free trial copy of Windows XP Pro from Microsoft Australia. A good way to find out what's in Pro that is not in Home before shelling out the money for the retail version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back