Upgrade plans [ ? ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Long time ago since that post , some people made or will make and upgrade , let's hear ..

Me . . .
Friday I'll get an Gf4
This summer I'd like also to swich my case

most definitely a new case for me. right now i have everything crammed into a mini-tower and it just doesn't cut it. new processor would be nice, but that's just wishful thinking. ;)

I am going to buy an extra HDD, and maybe if I have enough cash a new monitor. :D

Most definately a new hard drive...my old back up died. Also, a new video card would be awesome. Maybe some Arctic Silver 3 and a Super heat pipe? /me drools

I'm thinking about getting a new video card. I am considering a GeForce 4 Ti4200, or maybe even a Ti4600. I want to run the games at 1024x768 with all graphical enhancements available, like 4x anti-aliasing, and keep a framerate of 60 or above. I'm wondering if my CPU might hold me back if I upgraded though. So, I'm not sure if I will. :-/

eck, your 800mhz p3 will certainly be the bottleneck if you upgrade your video card at all. i'm certain even if you just upgraded your processor right now that you'd see a decent amount of improvment in framerates and such. especially with newer games like dungeon siege. this was true with me when i upgraded from 800mhz to 1.4ghz.

as for me, i keep thinking about a ti 4200 64mb and overclocking the hell out of it. but then i'd feel compelled to buy a new power supply. and spending that much on my aging sdram system just doesn't seem wise.

so i'm going to leave everything as-is and buy a whole new system some day. more fun that way, anyway. }:>

I've been wanting to get a new motherboard, CPU, and RAM, but my dad says "I don't want you to waste your money. What you have is still good." Oh well.

RAM is never a waste of money... u can always transfer that into ur new system.

Despite what everyone thinks, the cost of DDR doesn't make the 10% improvement a good investment. I prefer to get large amounts of cheap SDRAM... i currently have 1.5gig of PC133 in my system tad overkill but you notice the difference when u play games not to mention WinXP loaded completely into memory rocks =)

good lord... i just looked and a 1.2ghz p3 is at least $120 still. sorry, man. }:\

Pffttt... as if stay Pentium if ur upgrading... Pentiums did it right for the 3's and Celerons (except the new gen) but if ur going past 1ghz either get a duron or a athlon xp (mebbe even one of the old school athlon tbirds)

the new 2.5 GHz P4 may clean the XP 2100+ clock, but you have to remember that the cost of the Athie is half that of the P4.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back