Upgrade all MS Apps by July 1st!!!

E

efeezee

This may be old news to some, but it has just become official:

As of July 1st, 2002, Microsoft is doing away with all "Upgrade" programs. Upgrades have been designed to save existing users money, but as with most software, have been heavily pirated & abused.

So, Microsoft has decided to end those programs. What does that mean for you? Well if you have Office Standard, and have been wanting to go up to Office Pro: DO IT NOW. Otherwise you will have to buy the FULL version.

MS thinks this will eliminate misuse & piracy of Upgrade packages. I personally believe it will only make piracy more attractive. If you shell out $300 for Office Standard, only to realize you will need PowerPoint or Access, I don't see many of us being willing to shell another 500-600 for Office Pro.

Anyway, I have to let everyone I work with aware of this, so I figured I would post it here for those unaware.

Good luck... :D

That Gates is always thinking.

... *looks for his cookies*

Can't really explain...

but I work for a company that is an MS partner.

Sorry I can't say more...

to be devils advocate...

I see both sides... my heart sides with us consumers, but my brain is in-between... its like which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Did they jack up prices because of mass piracy? or, is there mass piracy because of jacked up prices?

We will never know, but it's a lose/lose right now...

I have an Idea...
If Bill gave out all the software microsoft makes for free like Netscape, for instance, and then make it all AD SUPPORTED... like about a billion programs are now... and let people use it as adware, or buy it to remove the ads, what have they got to lose??

(PS>>>> This is a JOKE!!!<<<<):cool:

I ask, who cares? You would do the same thing if you could. This world runs on American dollars and it will continue to do so until we all die.

Just for the record; if I had a product that everyone wanted, I would do the same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back