Updating my system

D

donkey

Don't really know much about updating drivers so I was wondering if anyone can help me. These are my specs...

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Windows XP Home
NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 (Driver Version 2.7.2.0)
512 MB DDRAM

I just need someone to guide me to what I should download to update these. If there's any other info I should've added, let me know.

Thanks

umm i think u've got the most updated drivers 4 ur geforce 4.

the easyist way is just 2 run windows update!!!!!!!

windows update
nividia.com for ur card detxp drivers
via.com.tw for your mother board 4 in 1 drivers(assuming thats what u need)

i dunno

Do Not use the windows update drivers for the video card, for that matter do not use windows update for any kind of drivers update. Use the manufacturers driver updates, after all they built the dang thing, not microsoft.

The only reason I would use Windows update to update a driver is if there wasn't one available anywhere else.

my opinion

:cool:

woops guess i shouldnt have asssumed someone would use windows update for driver updates:)
just thought he wanted to update system like critical updates then go on to updatin drivers:)

my bad:)

I've only used windows update so far to get the critical updates.

Motherboard updates. Any help there? You said via.com.tw but how and which one.

if your motherboard has via chipset then just download the via 4in1 drivers
install um reboot all done

window's update uses oficial drivers such as nvida.

Not sure what chipset it is. If anyone knows, let me know and if I have to update it.

(This is taken from the booklet)

Socket A Mainboard K7S5A using SiS 735 chipset.

If anyone knows, post...

2 find out all of ur specification's use belarc advisor.
belarc
it'll tell u wot chipset + card's etc u have it's really good

It's the SiS 735 chipset. I went to some sites to find an update but couldn't. Is there an update for this or not. If so, where can I find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back