Updates Blue Screen

N

Not Bman

I just ran a large update for Windows 7 stuff.

It had 11 different updates for Office 2007 plus SP2, and there was 360 controller and nvidia driver updates. I got it all downloaded, it got to installing the update for outlook, and i got a blue screen, and then it rebooted.

Whats the deal. I haven't seen that screen in years...

Did you get an error message and write it down or remember what it was?

My guess is it was probably the Nvidia drivers.

For a company that allegedly has amazing drivers, it is unfortunately one of the key causes of blue-screens on Vista/Win 7 systems.

Check your drivers. I would tell you to check the NvNews forums but unfortunately they are down at the moment. Maybe check them tomorrow.

I believe I was installing 3 of 14, which was the outlook update. I don't believe it was done the Nvidia drivers yet. I will try updating everything again, but leave out the Nvidia drivers.

*edit

The Shutdown button had the Update Icon on it, so I hit that, but it only Shutdown, so I restarted and went to Windows Update, the only update now is an Optional Nvidia Driver.
Looks like the SP2 update is installed, just does not feel like it was done right. Oh well.

Thanks guys. I will try updating Nvidia drivers outside of Windows Update.

first of all, where did you get this copy of windows 7 and is it legit? If not, then that could be the reason.

http://www.resplendence.com/support

Have you tried "WHO CRASHED" on above website to get BSOD info etc......... shows the module /location and named process causing the BSOD or crash in system .
Saves complicated debugging processes being used

http://www.resplendence.com/support

Have you tried "WHO CRASHED" on above website to get BSOD info etc......... shows the module /location and named process causing the BSOD or crash in system .
Saves complicated debugging processes being used

That site downloads the symbol files to your PC to check the dump file and Windows 7 RC symbols are not available yet to the general public (only MSDN and Technet subscribers).
You can get the windows 7 beta symbols but not the RC ones so the results may not be correct.

It was just a wierd one time thing.

And DUH of course I have a legit copy, who would get a crap version when its free? lol

It was just a wierd one time thing.

And DUH of course I have a legit copy, who would get a crap version when its free? lol

Do you have either a technet or MSDN subscription?

If not, then the version you have from torrents or otherwise may be corrupted. That's what he probably meant.

Do you have either a technet or MSDN subscription?

If not, then the version you have from torrents or otherwise may be corrupted. That's what he probably meant.

I knew what he mean't. I got it from Microsoft.

I just ran a large update for Windows 7 stuff.

It had 11 different updates for Office 2007 plus SP2, and there was 360 controller and nvidia driver updates. I got it all downloaded, it got to installing the update for outlook, and i got a blue screen, and then it rebooted.

Whats the deal. I haven't seen that screen in years...

I had the same issue. Happened when Windows 7 Updated office 2007 to the latest patches. Funny enough. the same friggin thing happened on my Vista 64 box after it updated to office's new patches :p Well QA'd MS!

/c

Yea, seems like I am hearing more cases, but my computer seemed fine afterwards.

I was getting BSOD with 7068 when I would unplug my xbox 360 pc controller. Haven't had any issues with 7100. Sounds like to me its with the nvidia driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back