Updated power toys

Z

zman

These are so much more stable when using the Desktop manager and Audio player

I havent tried the ISO burner out yet ....... does it burn any file extension or Just .iso ?

on the front page of this website in the menu on the left

Free XP addons

They are a new batch released by MS today ....

remove the old ones , and do a custom install

I would love to know which one of these screws up Counter-strike et al.

are you sure its the powertoys causing the problem ?

I have used every set released and have never had a problem with counterstrike...

Im currently having problems with the whole halflife series.

When playing the game, the damned thing runs in the upper left hand corner, while the deskltop is shown in the rest of the monitor. I've tried like 3 different video drivers, and nothing changes. All I've changed is that i upgraded from CS 1.1 to 1.3.

Is CS 1.3 the cause of this?

Now I know why everyones b#tching about it...:mad:

How exactly does desktop manager works? And what's its purpose?

Is it like Linux or something completely different?

Its pretty much like the Linux virtual Desktop.

It gives you four separate desktops, you can share work in them, or keep them separate.

I personally like it, cause I can kind of keep my work categorized, etc.

It works pretty good.

tronmaster : yes its like linux KDE desktop, it gives you four desktops to work with .... this version seems pretty stable too...

Geez guys it must be a hardware thing with Counterstrike, I have not had a problem on XP , i actually think it plays better

Well, I found out it wasnt Powertoys screwing up my CS, although the desktop did have something to do with it.

After completely uninstalling Powertoys, StylesXP, and god knows what else, I finally figured out that it was the taskbar being located on the top of the desktop that did it. I moved it on the bottom again, and PRESTO!, fixed...:rolleyes:

Anybody ever have this situation?

I find it very strange that there are so many people having troubles with cs and xp! I have been networking with friends for 5 days now, and still no error! What common errors are people getting in XP with cs?

In-Tray Audio Player

Hey, is there a way to get the in-tray audio player to show album art for songs that weren't copied from CD in WMP? Its bugging me that I'm only getting thumbnails coming up for certain items.

I just downloaded the latest powertoys. I uninstalled the originals but i don't seem to get the shell player, backgroud changer, or iso burner. what's goin on?

Originally posted by SiMwiT
I just downloaded the latest powertoys. I uninstalled the originals but i don't seem to get the shell player, backgroud changer, or iso burner. what's goin on?

for the iso burner, just right click on the *.iso file and choose "record to CD".

Originally posted by dotbatman

for the iso burner, just right click on the *.iso file and choose "record to CD".

i realise that. but none of the new tools are installed at all. i installed the new powertoys (the ones at the left hand side of the root xp-erience.org site if you're wondering) after i had uninstalled the original ones. the new power toys do not appear in the custom install and they don't install when i full install it. does anyone know why this can by. (i tried installing the third party installations of these powertoys but only the iso burner worked. the shplayer and bgswitch where installed in my system folder but didn't appear to work since i don't get an audio option in my taskbar toolbars and there is new background switcher tab on my desktop properties)

Re: Counter Strike.

I can't run it with ZoneAlarm - it lets me start a game, choose a side, but then instead of bringing the relevant menu to choose a skin, it goes into the map and allows me to look around - but not move!

Stopping ZoneAlarm fixes this, but feeds my paranoia. :rolleyes:

There must be an UPDATE for the powertoys on the way

i just went to the Powertoys homepage and got this

(January 11, 2001 update) The PowerToys download is currently unavailable. Please check back on Friday, January 18 for the updated version of this download.

wonder what they are adding :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back