Updated Logitech SetPoint software

zapoqx

Striking Master
And now my MX518 mouse no longer shows up in the setpoint menu as if my keyboard says no to it anymore. When attempting to put it in another port, I get an error about unable to install the mouse.
Any help would be appreciated in this case. I like my max sensitivity.

uninstall the app and drivers - reboot your pc - reinstall drivers and app

And now my MX518 mouse no longer shows up in the setpoint menu as if my keyboard says no to it anymore. When attempting to put it in another port, I get an error about unable to install the mouse.
Any help would be appreciated in this case. I like my max sensitivity.

Your avatar still creeps the hell out of me...

I did that Carpo. It didn't work. Before coming back here, I decided to check Logitech's site. I think it has to be Logitech's side because it seems alot of people are experiancing issues such as MX Revolutions, VX Revolutions, and a few other mouses as well as keyboards that work under the mouse and keyboard setpoint have issues. Either buttons no longer work or the corresponding tabs disappear (like my MX518's mouse tab and not having any settings for it).

only other thing i can think of is do what i said above but after the reboot go through the whole registry lookig for logitech folders/keys and deleating them - then reinstalling the software, or could be like you said and its bad drivers/software

Alright... I decide to update this because I found out finally today on the logitech forums a solution to this by another user.
Should anyone have this issue like I had, go to Windows/system32/drivers and delete (or move someplace else at least) the file wdf01000.sys
Then the best thing to do is to remove all drivers on the initial port the mouse device was on. If not, put it on a different device. The drivers will then be recognized.

One other thing: This is probably a temporary solution until Logitech gets their act together on fixing it. Also, this fix will actually fix the increase of memory usage that wouldn't go away before (On my end, I found I had almost 950MB used for some strange ass reason on a fresh boot and couldn't figure out why. Now its MUCH lower.).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back