Update GPU Bios?

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
I was using sandra and it told me the bios on my Geforce 3 card was 3 years old. anyway to update it?

Taggert_LOA said:
I was using sandra and it told me the bios on my Geforce 3 card was 3 years old. anyway to update it?
Its time to get a new card bub.

why? it works perfectly fine for the games i play, madden, and tiger woods. that's like i should update my processor, because faster ones exist.

Uhmmm yeah. Then if your so comfortable why the bios update? If it works fine then leave it.

Taggert_LOA said:
that's like i should update my processor, because faster ones exist.

UM YEAH ........exactly ....yes you should :)

Majin said:

Umm no.
If your current processor works fine for the things that you use your machine for, I don't see the need to upgrade just because there's something better out.

its like sayin a girl u saw has bigger boobs and butt than your current g/f or wife so u dump your gf or wife and go for the "better" girl. LOL

I want to do the bios update so it can be as up to date as possible. I like things up to date. So with that said any information along the lines of a bios update would be a great help.

I would only update a BIOS if the update actually contains something I missed from the previous version. Or when they fixed a bug I had troubles with. For example, I have a Creative GeForce 3 Ti200 videocard and when I had problems with my TV-out, which weren't caused by bad drivers, I received a BIOS update from Creative. After the update, everything worked ok. But for my motherboard, MSI released a BIOS 1 year ago, that added support for 137GB+ drives. I don't plan to put a drive that large in my 4 year old system, so I didn't update.

What I am trying to say, is that BIOS updates aren't very important, only update when neccesary (bug fix or something).
Software is a very different story, most software is so complex, that an update is needed (most software updates fix 100's of (small) bugs), BIOS'es need to work before they are shipped in the wild, if a serious bug is found in a BIOS before release, the BIOS (better said, videocard or motherboard) isn't released before it's fixed.
And the best reason to avoid BIOS updates as much as possible, when a software update goes wrong, you can fix it by re-installing the software, when a BIOS update goes wrong, you're f00ked. It's very difficult to repair a BIOS, other than return it to a repairshop or buy a new one.

lol true..i flashed my 9700pro once and it went all black...=\... had to flash it in the dark aka black screen....to top it off, didnt back up original bios...simply put, dont do it unless needed...

Majin said:
well i have an 850 chipset motherboard so upgrading my processor would bring me about 3.06 ghz which to me is not worthe the cost and my board only supports 4x agp so there is not much out there better than my card. I am going to build a new pc recycling alot of the componets from this one , but that is another post.

Taggert_LOA said:
well i have an 850 chipset motherboard so upgrading my processor would bring me about 3.06 ghz which to me is not worthe the cost and my board only supports 4x agp so there is not much out there better than my card. I am going to build a new pc recycling alot of the componets from this one , but that is another post.
good man:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back