Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 260.2.8 and AVG 6.0 - 536 (haha, me first!!!)

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
Doing what Elroy does best!

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 260.2.8 and AVG 6.0 - 536

Added detection of new variants of I-Worm/Mimail, I-Worm/Torvil, BackDoor.Ircbot.
- November 3, 2003 -

and

Program update AVG 7.0 - 7.0.197

Fixed problems in Scheduler, Engine, EMS, Kernel, Control Center, Resident Shield on Windows NT.
- November 3, 2003 -

Grisoft

EJ :p

... back again, and another update:

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 260.2.10 and AVG 6.0 - 538

Added detection of Worm/Darker and new variants of Worm/Spybot, Worm/Agobot and trojan IRC/BackDoor.SdBot, Desex, Dialer, Startpage.
- November 10, 2003 -

chjeers, EJ ;)

Originally posted by Enyo
Changed the thread title. Post away Elroy :)

Thanks, Enyo. ... here we go:

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 261.2.0 and AVG 6.0 - 542

Added detection of I-Worm/Mimail.J.
- November 18, 2003 -

... and the update file is so small these days, even for AVG 6 free. They have really done a great job over there, changing the code to reduce the update file size! Gone are the days of the 3mb update.

AGV6:
Update number 542
Minimum required version 540
Update file u603jqrk.bin
Language English
Size 48622 bytes
Date 18.11.2003

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 261.3.0 and AVG 6.0 - 543

Added detection of I-Worm/Wozer and new variants of Worm/Darker, Worm/Spybot, Worm/Agobot.
- November 21, 2003 -

enjoy! EJ :)

About that, I recently uninstalled and garbaged NAV 2k4.

Now I'm using AVG 6.0.543, as far as I can see is the latest free version. AVG 7.x is for paying customers only right?

Originally posted by chaos945
About that, I recently uninstalled and garbaged NAV 2k4.

Now I'm using AVG 6.0.543, as far as I can see is the latest free version. AVG 7.x is for paying customers only right?

Yes, that is right. but apart from some minor changes, the AV engine is still the same, and the antivirus capabilities are, too, AFAIK.

EJ ;)

:cool: Cool, thanks. I'll stick with it for a while to see how it is then. Good job.

... and more updates for the new 7 version - no wonder I am sticking to 6...

Program update AVG 7.0 - 7.0.197

Several fixes in Conrol Center, System Components, Alert Manager, Update, Setup, Testing Engine and EMS.
- November 24, 2003 -

11k must be the smallest ever!

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 261.3.1 and AVG 6.0 - 544

Added detection of Worm/Rosya, Downloader.Lexbac and new variants of Nove varianty: Worm/Agobot, BackDoor.Snowdoor.
- November 25, 2003 -

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 261.3.2 and AVG 6.0 - 545

Added detection of new variant I-Worm/Mimail.K and trojan PSW.Bancos, PSW.Sysbug.
- November 27, 2003 -

You know what I would find really useful? Firstly the option for the program to check for updates when idle after x amount of time or at startup, and the option to disable the system tray icon.

Originally posted by chaos945
You know what I would find really useful? Firstly the option for the program to check for updates when idle after x amount of time or at startup, and the option to disable the system tray icon.

Well, the update manager is quite flexible in your update time and frequency, if you want to use it. so what is the problem? I am behind the firewall, and only AVG7 has proxy setting options.

if you don't like to see the system icon, why not just hide the ison in the tray? right click on start -> properties -> task bar -> customize

I personally like to see the icon, it tells me the program is running and I am protected. no tray icon - something is wrong! your choice!

thanx elroy.../me goes to get.

I thought they would stop support for the 6 by now, I'm glad 2 c that they have not

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back