[upcoming forum review]

Sazar

Rest In Peace
all right lads... I replaced my msi kt3 ultra/amd 1900+/ddr 2700 with a p4 3.0c/msi 865PE Neo2/corsair xms ddr3200

gonna try and stick in a psuedo review on the forums with my thoughts and impressions of my first intel rig in a long time :)

first impressions... this baby is a blast :cool:

I just installed my 2 new harddrives and am experimenting with striping/mirroring/striping and mirroring :cool:

also one of my friends 'borrowed' my system disks :(

I have to wait for him to bring it back so I can install all my video card drivers...

Ooh, welcome to the world of REAL processors.
laugh.gif
You know I'm kidding.
Looking forward to the review. You have a classy system to play with there. ;)

heh ;)

yah.. its not bad... hyperthreading certainly makes things interesting when there is a lot of processor load :) and the motherboard is SWEET :D

I currently have 8 usb ports active... and space for 2 more for the front lol... and I have 4 firewire ports :D

I did manage to fill up all my IDE channels today... perhaps a long way in the future I will consider s-ata... right now the performance differential is not much and since I am striping I am sure I will get good enough performance :cool:

Hmm...always wondered how much HT improved real-world, day-to-day performance. Maybe you can give us some insight now. :)

Ah darn laptops...I could do with some more USB ports :p And those unpowered hubs don't seem to do the job too well either.
One firewire works for me though.

well... as it stands... d'top performance in day to day apps is far superior to what I had with my 1900+... everything is smoother...

I am still dling and installing apps so gaming performance will come later...

the northbridge cooling fan has built in led's that light things up real nice :cool:

loved it honesty...

bout the usb's... well one for mouse/keyboard/microphone/remote controller for the AIW and I am getting up there :)

the top row of usb ports is all filled up right now...

boot up is ridiculously fast.. you know that little bar that appears when winxp is loading ? with the little streaming banner that rolls by like night-rider's light thinger ?

well it only goes by about 1/2 way before windows starts loading... it used to go round a couple of times before...

Originally posted by Sazar
the northbridge cooling fan has built in led's that light things up real nice :cool:

Wow, sounds sweet :D

boot up is ridiculously fast.. you know that little bar that appears when winxp is loading ? with the little streaming banner that rolls by like night-rider's light thinger ?

well it only goes by about 1/2 way before windows starts loading... it used to go round a couple of times before...

Damn! That's freaking insane. I'm sure the RAM is making a difference there too though, right?
I barely ever go through a full reboot on my lappy though. It's usually just standby/hibernate and resume.

Originally posted by NetRyder
I barely ever go through a full reboot on my lappy though. It's usually just standby/hibernate and resume.

I used to leave my system on a fair bit... I still do... its on almost all day so I can use remote desktop from school or work on it @ home...

generally my system is on for 20 hrs a day... all day over weekends... but it tends to be off more often when my gf is around..

but it tends to be off more often when my gf is around..

LOL! Just so that you don't need to focus your attention on two things at once?
:p

My 3.0GHz should be here Friday. My system is already fricken' fast compared to anything else I've used. I hope there's at least some difference.

Originally posted by Eck
My 3.0GHz should be here Friday. My system is already fricken' fast compared to anything else I've used. I hope there's at least some difference.

thats a nice mobo as well... :)

oc'ing should be a breeze... I dunno what asus calls their PAT but if it works anything like my boards.. you are going to have some serious fun :cool:

generally my system is on for 20 hrs a day... all day over weekends... but it tends to be off more often when my gf is around..

Hiding the pr0n, eh? ;)

Interesting. I have an XP2000 at home and just got a 2.8 gig P4 at work. Both systems have 512 Ram. The system at work runs Win 2000, Win XP at home.

I don't see a whole lot of speed improvement on the P4 2.8 gig over the XP2000 for every day applications. If anything the system at home is a little better. Probably because of the 9500 Pro vs on board video at work.

(Rant Pause: The barbarians order state of the art CPU's and brain dead graphics... Sigh! But it does have a CDRW with DVD ROM. I guess they want me to spend the day watching movies or something?)

Load times on both systems are so fast I don't even have time to check my voice mail before they boot. I'll have to clock them> Still need to check what the FSB and RAM speeds are at work. After 3 days I'm still trying to find where the IT people hid all my programs and data so I haven't started poking around into the hardware yet.

Originally posted by xsivforce
Hiding the pr0n, eh? ;)

;)

btw leejend... over my 1900+... this is a far superior system... there is a noticeable speed improvement... very clear...

HT helps for sure but so does PAT :)

Just installed my 3.0GHz. It's nice, haven't really done anything. So far, I can't tell much of a difference in Windows. My Sandra memory benchmark jumped up to 4880 MB/s.

One problem though:
Before, with my 2.4GHz, I could enable memory acceleration. Now, when I enable it my machine won't POST. :'(

I guess since I'm now running my DDR @ 400 as opposed to 266, it can't handle the mem accel. at 400. Oh well, not a biggie.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back