unusual problem with active desktop

J

J0sh

OK, i want to try and work with Active Desktop, but that's not my problem...

My problem is that I can't find active desktop! A while back I used some tweaking software to disable it (I hate accidently hitting it) and now I can't remember which software I used, or even if I still have it! Right now I have Tweak-XP, TweakUI(from powertoys), X-Setup, and miTweak-XP... I think I've had one or two others, but I;m not sure...

I tried the gpedit, and no luck, and I looked through all of those programs with no luck (I found the option in X-Setup, and that didn't work, and i got miTweak-XP too recently to be the culprit) and i'm getting somewhat frustrated!!!

Please, someone tell me how to fix this!!!

Simple fix

Run gpedit.msc
Navigate to:
- User Config
- Admin Templates
- Desktop
- Active Desktop
- Then enable those settings or disable, depending on what you want to do.

Good luck.

Originally posted by madmatt
Simple fix

Run gpedit.msc
Navigate to:
- User Config
- Admin Templates
- Desktop
- Active Desktop
- Then enable those settings or disable, depending on what you want to do.

Good luck.

I did that before... but I'm just an idiot!!! I didn't realize that active desktop was moved in xp!!! thanks!

Well, if those settings are set to disabled or not configured, it won't work.

Glad you found it. Take care.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back