Unused Space from Mandrake

03bigMark03

Hi there. A while back I installed Linux Mandrake 9. It was good. But I didn't like it. It was setup as my second OS with Grub as the boot loader.

I then decided to reformat the whole drive and install Windows 2000 Server. All whent great but I have noticed that the Mandrake partition was left Untouched. The drive capacitiy is still reading at 27 Gig when it should be a 40 Gig drive.

I tried to look for rouge partitions in the recovery console parition command. However as it's an Extended 3 format Win2k can't see it.

I don't want to try FDISK as that is a really risky program to use and I don't think that would see out of dos drive either.

Can someone please help me find this hidden data and formating it.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

ext3 should be shown as unknown partition :/

Partition Magic will work fine for this purpose.

Does the partition show up in diskmgmt.msc (Start > Run)? If so you can format it from there.

No don't appear in Windows. And I don't have partition Magic.

Then its either u fdisk it or you go get your hands on Partition Magic (legality pending hehehehe)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back