unreal tournament

New Disease

Whatever...
i was playing UT today (vs 2 computer opponants) and it started to lag a little i have no idea what caused this as i normally play 1280X980 32bit colour and everything else high vs 16 bots on a small map with no problems

system specs below........
oh 28.32 detts btw :D
any help appreciated

p.s. quake 3 works perfectly wif same setts

Sixteen bots seems a bit many for that system. Im running a P4 1.8 with 512meg of 2100ram and a Gforce3 Ti and the max I would run would be oh ... a dozen.
I play at the same rez also.

Might I suggest your decrease the number of bots and see if that doesnt help?

He said he was playing vs 2 bots not 16.

New Disease, "it started to lag a little" isn't very descriptive. Were you online? Was it FPS lag? HD thrashing? There are many types of lag. ;)

Originally posted by SirLasher
Sixteen bots seems a bit many for that system. Im running a P4 1.8 with 512meg of 2100ram and a Gforce3 Ti and the max I would run would be oh ... a dozen.
I play at the same rez also.

Might I suggest your decrease the number of bots and see if that doesnt help?

Oh my god! You sayin' you can't run 16 bots on your machine?

i can run 32 bots on mine......goto UT console, type "addbots 16"

ps you must start match with 16 bots then run command to get
total of 32bots. Your systems specs should easily be able to cope with that, if not then theres something very wrong with your setup.

Originally posted by New Disease
i was playing UT today (vs 2 computer opponants) and it started to lag a little i have no idea what caused this as i normally play 1280X980 32bit colour and everything else high vs 16 bots on a small map with no problems

system specs below........
oh 28.32 detts btw :D
any help appreciated

p.s. quake 3 works perfectly wif same setts

Have you recently installed the latest nvidia drivers? If so, try using the 2752's. I found them to be far superior than nvidia's 2832's. Tested each driver with 3dmark2001 and found that the 2752's pissed all over the 2832's.

Were you playin LAN or Internet?

SirLasher, you have def got a prob with your setup, I can get 32 bots to work as well.

Unreal Tournament v4.36

NB Not using 28.32 Dets, using Gainward Supplied Drivers

AMD Athlon 1 GHz
256 MB RAM
ABIT KT7 RAID Mobo
IBM DTLA 307030 ATA100
Maxtor 20GB ATA100
GeForce2 Ti 450/TV GoldenSample (Gainward)
SB Audigy
3Com Network 3c-905b-tx
6x PC-DVD
8432E CDRW
Nokia 6210 Modem @ 28.8kbps
LAN Internet as well
XP Pro

u guys r luky i cant get UT to install on XP - da install prog crashes!

what are your specs, did it run on an previous OS, which XP version you got and how is Jay, also when are you going to return to ...

UT always lags... youneed a very good connection to play online and even with that... u gotta find the right servers that arent over crowded some servers are very slow!@

i installed ut on my machine and tried playing single player vs. 2 bots. it lagged! i wasn't playing on the net - this was single player! this game suxors. :(

i uninstalled it and will never play it again.

on the other hand, hl, rtcw, d2, q3, mohaa, opflash, gr all run silky smooth on my system.

ut = the debbil

btw, specs r:

amd thunderbird 1.2ghz
1gb sdram
geforce2 gts 64mb vid card
soundblaster live 5.1 gamer snd card

Unreal Tournament runs fine on my XP system as far as the framerate is good and there is no lag or anything, but it looks terrible. The graphics are very blurry, looks kinda like something you'd play on the old Super Nintendo Entertainment System. When I had Windows 98 Second Edition, the graphics were great and I was using the exact same hardware configuration I am with XP. Any ideas? I'm using 23.17 Detonator drivers because they work the best for people like me who were plagued with the "infinite loop" crash that affects GeForce/XP systems.

im running XP home ed on an athlon 800MHz, 512Megz RAM n infinite HD!

And i dont know who Jay iz!

glass,

have you tried upping the resolution? it defaults at 680x800 which looks shite

try 1280x900 if your system can handle it.....:D

oh yeah while im here i got another prob wif the game......

when i am changing resolution it takes forever to change...
i click the new resolution, it looks like it has froze, then 5 mins later the screen flickers for a bit then stays black for 30 seconds b4 changing

same when changing from 16bit to 32bit (but a bit faster)

does this happen to you guys??

I use 800x600x32 for pretty much every game I play. I know it's old now but I got used to it way back when and never grew out of it. I used 800x600x32 all the time in Windows 98 Second Edition and Unreal Tournament looked fine. Now in Windows XP, Unreal Tournament looks like it's being rendered in software mode, and yes I did select Direct3D rendering. The nVidia GeForce 2 MX 200 I have is crappy. Perhaps there is an issue when using it with XP. But that doesn't really make sense because all my other games look just fine.

Originally posted by New Disease
glass,

have you tried upping the resolution? it defaults at 680x800 which looks shite

try 1280x900 if your system can handle it.....:D

Hey man, if you wanna higher framerate its best to be at 640x480....and yep b4 you say that looks horrible, IT WILL B QUICKER! Framerate>looks.

Don't forget ppl if you do play online and theres shit loads of lag even if your on a 34MB pipe like yours truly...If theres loads of aimbot freaks on there then that will just make the server your on lag to F@cK cos it just can't keep up:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back