• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unreal Tournament 2004

Kr0m

How many users here have this and play it online?
I've got it but haven't spent much time with it (I'm still hooked on Urban Terror for Quake 3).
Do you mainly play the default gametypes or mods? I've installed Frag Ops and it looks ok, just wondering what everyone else is into.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Never played it online, but really like Onslaught bot matches.
I will going into online gmaing big time (well even more) once I get broadband at the end of february.

Apparently Red Opera is good. How is Urban Terror on the RTCW:ET engine coming along? ET rocks.

P

PseudoKiller

Electronic Punk said:
Never played it online, but really like Onslaught bot matches.
I will going into online gmaing big time (well even more) once I get broadband at the end of february.

Apparently Red Opera is good. How is Urban Terror on the RTCW:ET engine coming along? ET rocks.
You dont play online... because you SUCK. I would own you, Punk. :p

Frag Ops and the whole 400megs of CBP vol 1 and 2 of maps... :D

EP - I got Red Orchestra, but didn't really like it. It's damned hard to play, and the bots suck beyond belief; they don't do anything except sit around looking at each other. Only good multiplayer.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
:eek: aaargh... unleased can you PLEASE not edit your text to that crappy color...

-----

anyways... I had the game... I finished the SP... played some MP... gave it to a m8 coz I got bored...

haven't played any mp games in ages :)

I reckon once I get hl2 I'll be back online fragging away... or reload ET for a game or two... :cool:

Actually, I'm doing you a favour. You see, bold indigo text is the easiest colour to perceive on a light background, so I'm reducing eye strain for you.

Kr0m

Getting those community map packs now.
Ever try the Paint ball mod?
I'm not real interested in Red Orchestra.
I see there's gonna be a Fortress mod for it, Unreal Fortress: Evolution. YEE YEE! Fortress anything rocks.
http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~unf2003/?pg=home

EP, Urban Terror is kind of at a stand still right now. SID took a much needed vacation. No real time frame on ET:UT. I'm hoping the Q3F guys get theirs ported over to ET as well.

I've got ET installed and have dabbled in it but I'm not a real fan of the game or time setting it's in. The weapons etc... don't really do anything for me.

onimkron

OSNN Senior Addict
Great game, single player with bots is ok for a while, but loading Red Orchestra up for multiplayer gaming is where it starts to get really exciting (I love those ww2 sims, and probably because I'm really bad at DM). The game looks beautiful on high-detail settings :)

About the dodgy bots in Red Orchestra; apparently it's unsupported at the moment, the dev team are concentrating their efforts elsewhere within the mod. So, at the moment, multiplayer is the only way to go.

Wrathchild

OSNN Senior Addict
I play UT2004/Onslaught daily. I enjoy wading, ankle-deep, through the blood of all who oppose me, then I like to have a light snack.

;-)

-Wrathchild

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
It crashes when I quit the game (ie BSOD, reboot) and when I try to rerun it throws up errors until I reboot :eek:

Will have to have words with NVIDIA.

WOW, Punk you're the first person who I've heard have a stability problem with UT2004. Most stable game I've ever seen this early in it's life cycle.

Play daily (LeGen). Some mods are good some are really sad. The mods seem to have more of a lag problem than the Basic release and the CB1 and CB2 packs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies