Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 3236

P

PseudoKiller

As mentioned on the front page here
The last Official Patch is 3204. This is a new patch which will bring the UT2K4 up to 3236. At this time it does not seem that it is an 'Official Build' from Atari, Digital Extremes or Epic Games. So be forwarned when trying out this patch.
First off if you are going to install this patch I highly recommend you backup the following directories under c:\UT2004
c:\UT2004\Help
c:\UT2004\System
c:\UT2004\Textures
c:\UT2004\Web
Save them to a folder somewhere else on your hard drive. (trust me, you will want to this)
This patch is not a Umod so you will have to manually install and overwrite those directories.
So far one problem with this patch (at least I have this problem) is that you can no longer bypass the opening scene. I try hitting various keys (even ones I know dont work but no success) In fact the mouse is gone till you get to the menu.
It seems to have reset my connection settings along with my user stats setting (for those who use this) So I had to re-enter those settings.

My user settings (for playing the maps against bots for ladder stats) seems unchanged.
The 'Community' link in the menu seems different (I never really messed with it before so I am not sure) but if someoe who knows maybe they could shed some light on whether it has been changed.

One big difference, layout and visually speaking, is when you select 'Join Game' and select 'Internet' tab and click 'Filters' down at the bottom. The entire layout for the filters has changed significantly plus there seems to be a bug with it also since have some kind of wierd overlay saying 'Default' in the wrong place...

In addtion my 'Buddies List' seems to be gone (not happy now)

The loading of Onslaught maps seems alot faster in single player modes.

Well let me check out more things and get back to you all later with any updates. But if you choose to install this update I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you back up those directories. If needed you can just remove the current directories under:
c:\UT2004\Help
c:\UT2004\System
c:\UT2004\Textures
c:\UT2004\Web
and copy/paste the ones you have backed up.

My user settings (for playing the maps against bots for ladder stats) seems unchanged

That the single player version of the game?

Well I had to remove the patch since I could not play any games. It would hang and say Press Fire to join... well it seems to have lost my mouse and I have to dump out of the game forcefully. I read on UT Forums that the patch is NOT official and that there are 2 different versions and the one posted seems to be the alpha or first version. There is a beta but I am going to wait for the official release. It just not worth he hassle.

I also heard it was official, but then I heard the last one was official.
It's damn strange, normally there is a little bit of interest in such patches, but these have all been very low key!

Last official patch I saw was 3204. Do you need the patch to play on official servers? Does any mod require the patch? I know that Red Orchestra 2.0 needed the 3204 patch to display death animations. I can wait until it becomes official, if it does.

Just looked. It seems to be official now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back