Unreal II woes

Nismo83

OSNN AZN Addict
Been playin for about 15 minutes then this popped out:

General protection fault!

History: UALAudioSubsystem::playSound <- APlayerController::execClientHearSound <- (U2PlayerNetTestController M08A2.U2PlayerNetTestController2 @ Function U2.U2PlayerController.ClientHearSound : 00C8 line 206) <- UObject::processEvent <- (U2PlayerNetTestController M08A2.U2PlayerNetTestController2, Function U2.U2PlayerController.ClientHearSound) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (AssetsHelperGeneric None @ Function U2.AssetsHelperGeneric.HandleMovingOnTexture : 0028 line 85) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (U2Izarian M08A2.U2Izarian20 @ Function U2.U2Pawn.PlayMovementSound : 00C6 line 712) <- UObject::processEvent <- (U2Izarian M08A2.U2Izarian20, Function U2AI.U2PawnBase.PlayMovementSound) <- SendNotification <- TickerTick <- (U2Izarian20[0]) <- ULegendMeshInstance::UpdateAnimation <- AActor::UpdateAnimation <- AActor::Tick <- (U2Izarian M08A2.U2Izarian20) <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 7 2003 18:16:21

Just re-install windows.

Only joking, possibly something up with Direct X (Direct Sound), what version of direct X are you running.

(i don't care if it's copied or not, i'll help)

Originally posted by NegativeFactor
Just re-install windows.

Only joking, possibly something up with Direct X (Direct Sound), what version of direct X are you running.

(i don't care if it's copied or not, i'll help)

we have forum guidelines... you are welcome NOT to follow them if you so choose... I am sure you will hear soon enough from one or other of the mods...

as an example... there was a thread started and still active on this game that has not been closed AFAIK even though it is blatantly obvious discussion of the game and having played it started BEFORE the game was released... discussion of the product itself was tolerated (as in the case of doom III alpha) but links/keys et al will not be tolerated...

you have to understand why some people ask questions like the one I did btw... if a product is warezed it usually has some by-pass steps in order to get it out... and therefore may be corrupted when running on certain systems... hence the error message... its a possibility... and there is no harm in ruling this out as a factor now is there :)

make sure EAX is unchecked ...that caused me to have the same error ....the no-cd patch made no difference

Yeah definatly the EAX... was trying to get this game completed by sunday so I could review it, but the game is very sluggish on my machine making it very difficult :(

Originally posted by Octopus
stop using a no cd patch..to stop getting them just don't use no cd crack/patch.

I have used the NoCD Patch for a couple weeks now, and I have not gotten any errors unless I forgot to go away on AIM and someone IM's me and knocks me off the screen, which in turn pisses me off, so always remember to go away on AIM :) - BTW, Unreall II sux....

It certainly does have its problems, every single enemy is like playing someone at a deathmatch - horrible if you are trying to use stealth as that doesn't seem to exist.

I did like the idea of a plot based FPS again, but its starting to irritate me.

not really, this one was sopposed to be different than the rest :rolleyes:

the Geforece 2 MX 400 can handel it, i have a pci gforce2 mx
and the game runs fine.
but its much better with my gforce4 4200ti
if you guys are having problems running the game then make sure your sound drivers are upto date if you have creative cards.
i have eax enabled and the game runs fine :D no problems at all.

this is a retail version of it.. am using a no-cd crack. Works well using a GF2MX 400 with the settings of 800X600 with 16bit with the rest of those shadow, texture detail set at medium level.

Here's my spec:

Intel P4 1.5GHz
256 MB RDRAM(PC800)
SB Live 5.1 DE
gainward 64 MBGF2MX 400
WD 80 GB (7200)HDD (8 MB)
MAxtor 40 GB (7200 rpm) HDD
MAxtor 20 GB (5400 rpm)(external)

forgotten to mention that.. a fren of mine running a AMD Athlon XP chip at a clock speed of 1300 (no o/c) and a 256 DDR PC 2100 and a 64 MB GF4 Ti 4200.. running UII was a headache.. lagging when walking, running or shooting. All drivers are updated and the problem still there.

First of all a 64mb card might be your problem, then again you don't have much power backing that with a 1300 CPU and 256mb RAM. My computer (PAULWALL) can't even run Unreal 2003 at a decent level, and it has 384mb RAM - 933 mhz P3 w/ a 64mb vid. So I wouldn't expect your friend to get that great of performance out this game. (Haven't tried UII on PAULWALL, just UT2003)

Originally posted by Sazar
we have forum guidelines... you are welcome NOT to follow them if you so choose... I am sure you will hear soon enough from one or other of the mods...

as an example... there was a thread started and still active on this game that has not been closed AFAIK even though it is blatantly obvious discussion of the game and having played it started BEFORE the game was released... discussion of the product itself was tolerated (as in the case of doom III alpha) but links/keys et al will not be tolerated...

you have to understand why some people ask questions like the one I did btw... if a product is warezed it usually has some by-pass steps in order to get it out... and therefore may be corrupted when running on certain systems... hence the error message... its a possibility... and there is no harm in ruling this out as a factor now is there :)

I made the assumption that you would simply wait for his reply and in the unlikley scenario that he announced that the game was a copy or a pre-realease, I was expecting you to reply with a something similar to 'i'm not helping you then'. I understand that often warez games have work arounds, no cd patches and the like. I had just come off the back of another forum and had gotten quite angry about another similar statement made causing me to make this assumption. I apolise for this and understand that this not an 'underground' site and thus does not condone copying.

Come on man I have a 9700 Pro! :blink:

the problem goes away now after i disable the eax system. 64mb should be sufficient if not running in the highest detail of all.

128 is now needed for large things such as game 4 in 3dmark03 or as in unreal II. the game requires alot of headroom. try the tweaks from w2s and see if that improves any performance, i got +10 fps in almost every environment.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back