Unreal II error.

E

elkinm

Just got Unreal II and I can go through everything up untill the first real mission.

When I see the introduction flashes of all the bodies, during the scene with the head and the metar claw where I start to hear monster sounds the game crshes with the folowing error:

General protection fault!

History: FD3DRenderInterface::SetProjectorMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- (ProjectorMaterial Transient.ProjectorMaterial0) <- RenderStaticMesh <- (StaticMeshActor677) (StaticMesh JungleM.Plant.Plant_2_Elephantine) <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

I have an Athlon XP 1600, 512 MB RAM, Radeon 32MB DDR, 80 GB HD, Aureal SQ2500 sound card and windows XP running with the latest Cat 3.1 drivers and DirectX9. Just slightly above the minimum requiremens as far as graphics gow.

I tried setting all settings to lowest, and I still have the same problem in the same spot. I installed the EAX patch wihout any help which is expected as I never used EAX anyway. I don't knwo what happens past that point so I have no idea what could be the problem.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Michael Elkin

look on the forums about a "Unreal 2 Tweak Guide" apparantly this solves many problems (Graphical Problems)

cya

ste

Thanks for the replies.

ste, I can't seem to find the tweaking guide, is it named something else or on another forum as I have looked though the Unreal II posts already.

And I don't use EAX anyway as I don't have a Creative sound card.

Just wondering, could somebody hwo can run the game possibly make a few saves somewere in the beginging of the game and maybee somewere in one of the other missions and email it to me at elkin@uiuc.edu, if they are not to big that is, just to check wether it is a game problem or there is some scene in the beginig that I have problems with.

Thanks

I downloaded a Level unocker to test other levels an they work fine, at least the ones I tried. Any ideas what could be wrong with the first one. Does it have anything realy hard on a system?

Thanks

I don't know why anybody hasn't mentioned that, his 32MB Graphics Card might not be enough to handle the game!

Found the solution on the infogrames forum right here.

Dissabling HardwareTL was actualy the part that did it for me, the cache is just possibly to speed things up (my deafult was at 8mb ?) and the as long as you can run the resolutin without problems.

As far as performance, I run at 800x600x32 with settings at medium and a few at high and I still get no less then 15 FPS and it is quite playable and I have not seen any serious slowdowns that would affect my performancne. I don't know why but how come my crapy system can run at these framerates with all the reports of it being so slow on much better systems?

Originally posted by elkinm
Found the solution on the infogrames forum right here.

Dissabling HardwareTL was actualy the part that did it for me, the cache is just possibly to speed things up (my deafult was at 8mb ?) and the as long as you can run the resolutin without problems.

As far as performance, I run at 800x600x32 with settings at medium and a few at high and I still get no less then 15 FPS and it is quite playable and I have not seen any serious slowdowns that would affect my performancne. I don't know why but how come my crapy system can run at these framerates with all the reports of it being so slow on much better systems?

when your fps dips below 30 you are prone to get stuttering... this is not always the case... as when I play splinter cell... I have seen some people with LOW fps still play the game well because it is more stealth oriented.. unlike unreal II...

of course you can try and play unreal II with stealth.. but the creatures jumping out of everywhere really do defeat the purpose :)

I get 8 FPS :( with geforce 2 mx 400.I barley can kill an enemy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back