Unreadable drive

M

meisme

I just did a reinstall, and now my second hard drive wont work. Its a 40gd drive with two partitions. When I go to disk management this is wht it says:

lol :) i think you forgot to format the disk and thats why windows cant read it. try formatting it and see if that solves the prob, or get yourself another dick :p

Disk managent wont give me the option to reformat, which other methods can I use to reformat.

right click the drive in my computer and there should be an option to format or boot with a win98 bootdisk and type format (drive letter)

no don't format it look for a file recovery app. I had this happen to me and I wasn't just gonna bend over and take it in the ass I had like 6000 mp3 on my drive and I wasn't gonna loose those. just find a file recovery app and salvage what u can if u have a cd burner now would be the time to go out and buy some cdr's :)

I don't think were getting all the story here...how did your harddirve become "dynamic"...you must have made it dynamic...and now its offline.....can you right click the drive..and see if "reactivate" is there to put it back online

I recovered all the data from the drive, so my problem is kinda solved. I have no idea why the drive became dynamic, all I did was a reinstall.

A basic or dynamic disk's status is Unreadable.

Cause:

The basic or dynamic disk is not accessible and might have experienced hardware failure, corruption, or I/O errors. The disk's copy of the system's disk configuration database might be corrupted. An error icon appears on disks that display the Unreadable status.

Disks might also display the Unreadable status while they are spinning up or when Disk Management is rescanning all of the disks on the system. In some cases, an unreadable disk has failed and is not recoverable. For dynamic disks, the Unreadable status usually results from corruption or I/O errors on part of the disk, rather than failure of the entire disk.

Solution:

Rescan the disks or restart the computer to see if the disk status changes. For instructions describing how to rescan the disks, see To update disk information.

looks like my pc did after i blew my raid controller and replaced with a pci ide card, no way to recover the info..... :rolleyes:

Ok, I can view the file but i need a free program to actually copy the files. Any reccomendations

I'm trying to remember the one I used... in fact one of my partitions is messed up right now its just so small (8gb) that I haven't bothered to get any of the images off of it yet. ill let u know when I find the program I used last time.

The free version of easy recovery only allows me to view the files not recover them.

Another problem, windows says its unable to format the drive, so where do I go from here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back